Off to WY to shoot P-dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to WY to shoot P-dogs

Meeting up with my Dad in Colorado tonight and then heading to Wyoming tomorrow to sling some lead at prairie dogs. Excited for a 2 day break from school and work, it's been a year since we've been out there and it's always a blast. We probably shoot 95% .223 and 17HMR but will mix it up with some larger calibers for the long range shots. Taking my M107A1 along for the ride this trip as well.

Here's a quick video from the first time we went out:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbLqi8qOYo8"]Prairie Dog Shooting in Wyoming - YouTube[/ame]

Have fun and good luck. Bucket list trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have pdogs like flies on our place in New Mexico. Our neighbor has horses and she wants them wiped out. I'm bringing some fire power on the next trip. Wife thinks they are "cute". Told her it isn't really cute if a horse breaks a leg. She likes horses better......

Comment

Man that sounds like a good time!! Safe travels!

Comment

Safe travels
          That has to be loads of fun

Comment

Looks like a blast

Comment

Y'all have fun, man! That looks like an awesome way to spend an afternoon. Was drooling over your new rifle on IG the other day,,,

Comment

Where are you heading? We had a tons of wet snow and rain Sunday. Roads may be slick as snot.
                Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                  Y'all have fun, man! That looks like an awesome way to spend an afternoon. Was drooling over your new rifle on IG the other day,,,

Thanks Tim! Went a little crazy the last few weeks. Going to need to cull some stuff from the safes once I get home and have some down time. Heres a couple of my favorites that you may or may not have seen yet.

Comment

you suck

that is all

Comment

Safe travels and good luck. They will test your shooting skills.

Comment

That shot at 1:16 was pretty cool seeing the turbulence trail from the bullet.

Do yall have an outfitter you go with, or just go find them on public land?

Comment

Yep bucket list trip for sure.

A 243 loaded with 87gr Vmaxs is a hammer as well. Had a buddy shoot that set up on a trip.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post

We have ton on public land , it would be crazy to pay an outfitters to shoot them up here.
                            I can point anyone in the right direction to shoot some. How about a PD shoot and fishing trip ? Great time of the year, well almost for fishing, to come up and do both.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post

We’ve been going to the same place the past few years. It’s private land that is leased to the state for hunting access. Easiest thing to do is find the towns on google earth and then cross reference it to OnX to see if you can gain public access.

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                              Yep bucket list trip for sure.

A 243 loaded with 87gr Vmaxs is a hammer as well. Had a buddy shoot that set up on a trip.

Sierracharlie out…

We shoot 55gr Vmax, it makes them pop pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                              X