Where would you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where would you

Buy land while living in Katy? Four hours max to property. All things considered: bang for the buck, diversity of game, game numbers, resale value, cost of well, fencing, etc. I don’t know how much the last two will vary from area to area if at all. Thanks in advance. I learned a lot from the fencing thread this morning as well.

If you go East you get deer and pigs. If you go north you get deer pigs and maybe turkey. If I were looking I would either look around Gonzales but land is getting stupid high. Or stretch your drive time a little bit more and but in Oklahoma. Some of the threads I’ve seen fro. Oklahoma builds have been awesome and I would love to buy up there.

Comment

Would love to but that drive is a little too far for me and I’m getting older by the day!would like a place or lease that I can get to a little more often. Arkansas and Oklahoma both have outstanding land values. I’ve been trying to talk some friends into going in and buying a larger tract but no luck as of yet.

Comment

Livingston last I knew they had great Hosp. deer hogs and not too far from Katy

Comment

If drive time is the main concern I would go west. Columbus area, Colorado county is where I would start and then move west from there. Fayetteville county, Lavaca county, Gonzales county all offer good hunting for deer and pigs. Some areas can also even provide decent bird hunting. Ducks, geese, and dove. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve been considering Anderson county as well. I believe Palestine has a regional hospital should wife decide to take a pay cut (good luck with that) and want to move. Katy is no longer a small town. It’s exploded since we left five years ago.

Comment

Have looked online at some Fayette county property.

Comment

Leon Co. Relatively cheap. Lots of game.

BP

Comment

4 hours from Katy easily gets you into the Hill Country, that's where I'd be looking.

Comment

LaGrange is just awesomeness as is Columbus. Not sure about cost since it is soooo close to Houston.

Comment

LR Austin county is insane, and the hill country gets you five acres for $90,000. Crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                        LR Austin county is insane, and the hill country gets you five acres for $90,000. Crazy
                        I know, I know! It is beautiful but down right painful pricing. Congrats to the folks that can handle it...…...I hope to join those ranks someday!

Comment

We missed the curve five years ago. Land sales up there may slow down but they never seem to drop too much. Then there’s the mile of granite you have to drill through and hope your water holds out. That may be my next question: what’s your wells get?

Comment

Colorado County is stupid expensive. Neighboring tract 17 acres sold
                            For $10k an acre. $3 acres next to it sold
                            For $26k and acre. Fayette County isn’t any better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would look at going northeast, Tx. Up around Marshall

Comment

Working...
                              X