Crazy Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy Ride

Lord was with me today. Hauling a load down Hwy 175 and my truck starts wobbling in the rear and the trailer swerving side to side. I eased off the gas and look in my passenger mirror to see a tire bouncing alongside of me. I thought at first it was a trailer tire and then realized it was my truck tire. Luckily it bounced onto the shoulder and I was able to manage control of the truck. Went back to look for my wheel/tire and found it 15’ up a tree.

To top it off just a few seconds in front of me was a 3 car collision. As I waited for a wrecker Care Flight landed. If it wasn’t for this wheel/tire issue I very well could have been in that pile up. Hugged my wife and kids tight when I finally made it home.

Been changing my brakes, oil and rotating tires since I could drive. Never have I had an issue until today. Guess I under torqued my lug nuts. The studs are completely broke off which is an easy fix. I’m just afraid my transfer case and axle are bad now after dragging a couple hundred yards. Headed to Colorado tomorrow and this is the last thing I want on my mind. Mess with it when I return I guess.

Look closely in the first pic and you can see the cars stopping 1/2 mile ahead from the other accident.
    Attached Files

Wow that’s crazy alright! Glad your safe.

Comment

That coulda been a lot worse. Glad it wasn’t

Comment

Holy Crap, that’s unreal. Glad your okay

Comment

Glad your safe...……………
          I wanna see ya, stick that tire again !

Comment

I had that happen to me years ago
            Strange to look up and see your rear tire cruising down the road faster than you. Bet that tire is wedged Into that tree fork pretty tight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That looks like a khumo monkey!
              All jokes aside, you got lucky Bud.

Comment

I was going 70-75 and that tire bounced by me quickly!

Getting the tire out was fun! Crazy

Comment

If you hadn’t shown pics I wouldn’t have believed you. That’s strange and crazy for sure. You lucked out....glad you weren’t hurt.

Comment

I had that happen to me once after changing out trailer tires. Lost 2 duals off a loaded 48’ gooseneck going 75 mph on I-20 east of Terrell. Happened to notice the trailer was leaning right, just figured it was a blowout til I pulled over and checked. A guy stopped behind me and said he watched it happen, one tire blew through a small fence and kept going into a pasture til he lost sight of it lol.

Comment

I knew this was your thread before I even opened it up! Glad you’re all good. I’d hate to have to keep this Obsession Fusion 7 that’s being delivered to my house tomorrow

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Glad you are OK.

Comment

Dang Jason, glad you made it ok.

Comment

Holy cow. Glad you're safe man. This story could have been much worse and really glad that tire only hit a tree. Safe travels to CO.

Comment

Working...
                              X