Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do folks insist on saying...."he's not my biggest deer" or.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"he's not my best deer but" in their deer write ups?

I see this all the time in folks' write-ups and at least 4-5 times in the past few weeks? It has become pretty **** common. Hell it is common.. It comes off like folks want other folks to know they have killed bigger so their asking for folks to not look down on them or judge them for killing this deer that is smaller than their best..... or maybe it's " just so you know, if this deer is not big enough for you, I'm a much better hunter than this deer shows but I wanted to shoot something so here it is". I'm not sure anybody is concerned withe what you have killed in the past while reading that particular write-up an checking out your current deer. I know I don't. ....If you are going to take the time to post pics and a write up and get the attaboys, be proud of what you shot, don't compare him to your other deer. Heck you might as well not post it at all if you are going to downplay/negate his significance by comparing him to your best in your hero shot...... Be proud, own it....enjoy it...

Just a thought....Off the soap box.. Yall have a great day.
    Last edited by Smart; 10-28-2019, 07:48 AM.

This isn't your best post, but it will do...

Comment

Because the number of judgmental Richard's on this site has grown exponentially.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
        Because the number of judgmental Richard's on this site has grown exponentially.
        THIS

Comment

Ground shrinkage.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            This isn't your best post, but it will do...

I'm gonna have to say the same about this one^^ ..

Comment

You see what you're looking for I guess.

Comment

Horns loss got somebody still on the edge.... step back from that ledge my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

She's not the prettiest one that ever let me, but she sure can cook.

Comment

Pride, shame, the need to keep up with the Jones, who knows.

Good question Smart.

Comment

I don't put much thought into it. I can't tell you how many deer I've killed over the years and I can't tell you the biggest one I've shot either. I still get excited shooting a spike. One of my most memorable hunts was a fork horn muley I shot in New Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                        Horns loss got somebody still on the edge.... step back from that ledge my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing to do with that at all... it’s been a long time question.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
                          I still get excited shooting a spike. One of my most memorable hunts was a fork horn muley I shot in New Mexico.

As it should be. Own it .. be proud of it!

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                            You see what you're looking for I guess.
                            https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=747623

That’s a great writeup[emoji1303]. I see a proud som of a gun that was proud of all his kills.

Comment

Not much to add to that Jason. You nailed it. It's thin skinned people IMO that need to qualify the deer they post. Be proud of any deer you kill. They are all made out of meat.

Comment

Working...
                              X