Testosterone Treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testosterone Treatment

Anyone here not on Testosterone treatment? After reading this thread, I feel like I'm missing out on something but I hate taking any drug. A little slower out the starting gate & I'm no spring chicken but still going at 60.

I have not educated myself enough on this topic to even consider taking it. Maybe I am missing out on something good for the old soul.

Comment

I’m not. But I’m close to half your age.

Comment

Not here

Comment

I’m not, wife said no way!!!!

Comment

Not on it here, but I wouldn’t be opposed if I felt I needed it.

Make sure y’all guys that are taking it are done having kids, it will shut down your swimmers.

Comment

63 yo and not taking it. I asked my doctor and he did not recommend it. I have been lifting fairly heavy (squats and deads) for my age to stimulate testosterone production. Age has me more worried about my joints than my strength. I have picked up the walking and jogging to get ready for elk season and have one knee that thinks it is 85 yo.

Comment

I took it for a while, but stopped. There were some pros, but more cons made it a simple decision for me.
                Pros
                By far #1‐ improved quality of sleep
                "Sharper" mindset
                Increased muscle mass

Cons
                Increased BP big time
                Put on lots of water weight
                The annoyance of doing the shots
                Gained too much weight
                Physically just felt, unhealthy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm on it but I'm nearly 60 and I take a very small dose. ( 1/2 cc every other week). Does it help? I'd have to say yes. I've gotten off a couple of times( my idea, not the docs) just because I HATE taking any kind of meds. I work out 5 times a week ( combo of weights and cardio). When I'm on my test numbers are right around 900. When I get off they fall to 150( or less).

Comment

I know several people ranging in age from 42 to mid 50's taking BioTE and it's amazing how much energy they have. So far they do not have any negative side effects BUT I'm sure there are some to it. Seeing their energy level sure has me tempted to take it myself.

Comment

Still going OK @ 64. Was feeling a lot of Low-t symptoms so I got tested. Low end of normal. Seeing as how, when you start taking replacement hormones Your body stops making any of it, I elected to forego the treatments for now. Will see how the future goes.

Comment

I am not on it. And. most I know that do the weekly shots are fat and lethargic. Hell, one falls asleep talking. Guess I will stick to my One a Day vitamins and B 12 supplement

Comment

I've been on the treatment for 10 weeks.
                          At first I gained a lot of water weight and they gave me an estrogen blocker.
                          There are possible side effects but these can be managed and you NEED to communicate thoroughly every week at injection time.
                          They have a pill that dissolves under the tongue as well but is slower acting.
                          I started at the encouraging of my cardiologist. My PCP was worried about clotting issues but my cardiologist said the loss of muscle mass is concerning because the heart is one of those muscles.
                          My muscle tone is returning and a turn rotator cuff is getting better all the time and I'm shooting my bows again. My energy levels are up, also taking B12, and my overall experience has been positive.
                          I am just changing which testosterone I'm on today as I have the acne flair up 20% of people get. We'll see how that goes.

Gary

Comment

I have been on the shots for five years. Best thing I have done. My mood, sleep, muscle mass, and over all energy is much better.
                            My doctor is a friend of mine so he keeps up with my health pretty close and he told me the benefits far out way the drawbacks in my case.
                            My blood pressure lowered when I got on the shots.

Comment

I’ve been on them for close to two years and haven’t looked back. I do a full blood work up every 6 months and everything is in line. My energy has tremendously improved, my BP has dropped, and sleep is much better. No real fluctuation of weight, but I’m a regular in the gym and eat pretty healthy

Comment

Working...
                              X