No announcement yet.

Brett Farve took too many hits to the head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither one had the talent to be effective long term in the NFL.
    Tim wasn't kneeling to protest anything and he didn't kneel during the national anthem.
    Christians don't face the same types of challenges in the justice system the poor and minorities do. Unless they happen to be a poor and or minority Christian.
    There is no comparison at all between Tebow and Kaepernick as far as the kneeling is concerned.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Christians don't face the same types of challenges in the justice system the poor and minorities do. Unless they happen to be a poor and or minority Christian.

Gary
      So all you have to do if you commit a crime is profess to be a Christian? Good to know. Can’t wait to try this on the next speed cop.

If you don’t commit crimes the justice system most likely won’t affect you.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        So all you have to do if you commit a crime is profess to be a Christian? Good to know. Can’t wait to try this on the next speed cop.

If you don’t commit crimes the justice system won’t affect you.
        You know that isn't what I said and you know your last statement isn't true. There are a lot of people doing time for crimes they didn't commit. Poor people cannot afford lawyers and are pressured to take plea deals being told by public defenders if they go to trial they do longer time.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
          Let's have some fun.

So one guy gave up millions of dollars to pursue what he saw as a path toward a better life for all of America. He was killed by "friendly fire."

One guy gave up millions of dollars to pursue what he saw as a path toward a better life for a segment of the population. He wasn't killed.

So, is a hero someone who dies? Is a hero someone who sacrifices for something you believe in? Is a hero anyone who joins the military? What defines a hero?

Are heros only people that you or I agree with?

Was Drew Brees a coward when he was serving the people of NOLA after the hurricane? Was he a coward when he told Trump to settle down? Or has he been a coward since birth?
          Fify

Comment

Pro athletes need to stick to their specialty “sports” and stay out of politics. The ones that venture into making political statements are just like those Hollywood do nothings.

Comment

There is no comparison at all between Tebow and Kaepernick as far as the kneeling is concerned.

Gary
              And yet, they both knelt. For their personal beliefs and were persecuted by people that didn't agree with them. But in the end their abilities on the field were not enough for management to put up with the distractions they created.

“A lot of people even think it was a touchdown celebration,’’ he said. “I never did it to celebrate a touchdown. I did it from my sophomore year in high school all the way through the NFL, that before and after games I would get on a knee to thank my Lord and savior, Jesus Christ, and also put things into perspective. …
              “It was never something I did to take away from somebody else. It was just something I did with a personal relationship with my God. So I think that’s just sometimes disappointing when things get taken away from the truth and then it’s just created into whatever somebody wants it to be.’’

Comment

Agreed.

Gary

Comment

Are they really both hero's?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Brett Favre is an admitted drug addict.
                    Brett Favre is an unfaithful married man.
                    Brett Favre sent unsolicited pics of his junk to female reporters.

Regardless of how you feel about his on the field play he should not be considered some sort of moral compass.
                    Quite the opposite actually, its honestly laughable and if I was Tillman's family I would be angered the POS would have felt to need to virtue signal and bring pats name into this at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                      Fify
                      I said what I meant. It's another topic for another day, but the war in Afghanistan has proven to have little to nothing to do with helping "all of America."

Comment

Drew spoke out of turn. He doesn't have to kneel but he doesn't need, or have the right, to separate and antagonize the team and it's members. Better to keep his mouth shut. He isn't just speaking for Drew. He speaks for the brand, the Saints, and he over stepped.
                        Kaepernick is a weasel to some of us but he is also a hero to some.
                        No, he didn't speak out of turn. He was asked a question and answered it truthfully with an answer that shouldn't have been a big deal but the mob called for his head anyway. His statement wasn't divisive in any way but because it's no longer acceptable to have any opinion other than "BLM" and fall in line was pressured into walking it back within a day by the mob. The first amendment is supposed to work both ways.

How is it that when Drew "spoke out" it was "out of turn" but when Kap "spoke out" he was a "hero"?

Comment

Walking it back...

Packers legend Brett Favre took to Twitter on Monday to attempt to clarify comments he made comparing former NFL player and war hero

Comment

"How is it that when Drew "spoke out" it was "out of turn" but when Kap "spoke out" he was a "hero"?"

He's out of a job just as Drew would have been if he hadn't apologized.

Gary

Comment

"How is it that when Drew "spoke out" it was "out of turn" but when Kap "spoke out" he was a "hero"?"

Gary

What did Drew need to apologize for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Gary
                                Untrue in my opinion, but, I guess we'll never know since he decided to either
                                A.) lie to appease the mob (which didn't work btw because he's still getting drug).
                                B.) had a massive ideological change in less than 24 hours based entirely on feels and not on logic or facts.
                                You know, instead of having some backbone and standing up for what he believed was right even when its not the popular opinion at the time.
                                Then hopping on the "Orange Man Bad" train because its the hip thing to do at the time and might gain you some brownie points in the locker room....

EDIT: So being mediocre at your profession and then losing your job because you said something wildly inaccurate publicly alienating your employers main revenue stream thus making you unemployable is the current bar for becoming a hero?
                                NICE!
                                Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 06-23-2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X