Brett Farve took too many hits to the head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason View Post
    M16, Maybe try another news source than Fox News!
    You're way behind the times. Haven't you heard. Fox News has joined the we distort, you decide bandwagon.

Comment

M16, Maybe try another news source than Fox News!

Just a quick google search revealed this:

Here

Listen, I’m not saying Kap is a hero, simply that Favre isn’t saying anything that hasn’t been said before, and will only continue to be said.
      Just because a bunch of dip****s call a child a hero does not make that child a hero. Favre is just virtue signaling and it make him look like a dip****.
      Just like drew......he is a coward

Comment

See, I told you we do not have to obey the police on a traffic stop.......

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Just because a bunch of dip****s call a child a hero does not make that child a hero. Favre is just virtue signaling and it make him look like a dip****.
          Just like drew......he is a coward
          Let's have some fun.

So one guy gave up millions of dollars to pursue what he saw a path toward a better life for a segment of the population. He was killed by "friendly fire."

One guy gave up millions of dollars to pursue what he saw as a path toward a better life for a segment of the population. He wasn't killed.

So, is a hero someone who dies? Is a hero someone who sacrifices for something you believe in? Is a hero anyone who joins the military? What defines a hero?

Are heros only people that you or I agree with?

Was Drew Brees a coward when he was serving the people of NOLA after the hurricane? Was he a coward when he told Trump to settle down? Or has he been a coward since birth?

Comment

Kap did not give up millions for anything. He saw the writing on the wall....remember he was benched because he was no good. ThAt was his way of pouting like a baby. Unfortunately the media ran with it and now Kap would not come back if someone wanted him. Was not long ago he stood up several teams who agreed to let him work out. He is a highly paid radicle with a Marxist mindset. Tillman did give up millions and his life. Doing good for your community when you have been blessed with more millions than you could spend is righteous. Honoring the country and your grand dads sacrifice is righteous......caving like a scared little ***** is pretty much saying “ yeah my gdads weren’t all that” just because some idiots give you a little push back......that’s what makes
            Him a coward

Comment

First of all, let's never let facts get in the way of a good argument.

Contract History
              Team Contract Type Status Year Signed Yrs Total APY Guarantees Amount Earned % Earned Effective APY
              49ers
              Drafted Expired 2011 4 $5,124,296 $1,281,074 $3,800,000 $4,050,530 79.0% $1,350,177
              49ers
              Extension Renegotiated 2014 6 $114,000,000 $19,000,000 $12,973,766 $24,998,766 21.9% $12,499,383
              49ers
              Other Expired 2016 2 $31,200,000 $15,600,000 $13,275,000 $14,300,000 45.8% $14,300,000
              Now, I am just a dumb redneck from East Texas that barely graduated high school, but I think those commas mean he did indeed make millions. Benched or not. Best I can tell, he ended up only getting 39 million from his time in the NFL. he was on track to make over 100 million.

Last time I checked Brees grandfather fought for, among other things, the first amendment. Whether you like or not, it is 100% within every American citizens rights to kneel during the anthem. Drew's granddaddy fought for that right. Drew knows this.

The fact remains, Kap went against nearly everyone as he was trying to bring attention to plight of the African American. Doing so, he lost all ability to play in the NFL. No team was willing to bring in the media storm that Kap would bring into camp with him. Therefore, he indeed lost millions of dollars because he choose to kneel and refused to back down.

If history serves me correctly, the white people's critique of MLK was that his peaceful protest were the wrong way to protest. That if he would just go about things the "right" way, his message would be heard and change would happen. Whether you like it or not, Kap sacrificed millions for something he believed in. I can see where some people might think that heroic.

Comment

You have some rage issues flywise.
                I don't see any of them as positive or negative.
                Drew spoke out of turn. He doesn't have to kneel but he doesn't need, or have the right, to separate and antagonize the team and it's members. Better to keep his mouth shut. He isn't just speaking for Drew. He speaks for the brand, the Saints, and he over stepped.
                Kaepernick is a weasel to some of us but he is also a hero to some. Either way, quarter back wise, he is no Drew.
                Pat Tillman is a hero to all Americans. Sad that he died from friendly fire. But he has a spotlight on him because he was a star in the NFL.
                Let us not forget all those men and women over the last centuries that have sacrificed the same but not all had the opportunities Tilman or Kaepernick had.
                Let us not forget what Tilman obviously knew. That he had the opportunity because of the flag and those who defend it home and abroad.
                Kaepernick just doesn't seem to understand that.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  You have some rage issues flywise.
                  I don't see any of them as positive or negative.
                  Drew spoke out of turn. He doesn't have to kneel but he doesn't need, or have the right, to separate and antagonize the team and it's members. Better to keep his mouth shut. He isn't just speaking for Drew. He speaks for the brand, the Saints, and he over stepped.
                  Kaepernick is a weasel to some of us but he is also a hero to some. Either way, quarter back wise, he is no Drew.
                  Pat Tillman is a hero to all Americans. Sad that he died from friendly fire. But he has a spotlight on him because he was a star in the NFL.
                  Let us not forget all those men and women over the last centuries that have sacrificed the same but not all had the opportunities Tilman or Kaepernick had.
                  Let us not forget what Tilman obviously knew. That he had the opportunity because of the flag and those who defend it home and abroad.
                  Kaepernick just doesn't seem to understand that.

Gary
                  Drew saying he thinks disrespecting the flag is wrong, is divisive?

Comment

Clearly Farve is suffering from Cranial Rectal Inversion.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      Kap did not give up millions for anything. He saw the writing on the wall....remember he was benched because he was no good. ThAt was his way of pouting like a baby. Unfortunately the media ran with it and now Kap would not come back if someone wanted him. Was not long ago he stood up several teams who agreed to let him work out. He is a highly paid radicle with a Marxist mindset. Tillman did give up millions and his life. Doing good for your community when you have been blessed with more millions than you could spend is righteous. Honoring the country and your grand dads sacrifice is righteous......caving like a scared little ***** is pretty much saying “ yeah my gdads weren’t all that” just because some idiots give you a little push back......that’s what makes
                      Him a coward
                      Yes sir

Comment

Yes. He can't. It's not his place as the leader of that team. Even if that is what he believes.
                        Or he can give his spot as leader of the team to take up that cross and bear it like Kaepernick did. Drew just chose to recant and stay in place.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Yes. He can't. It's not his place as the leader of that team. Even if that is what he believes.
                          Or he can give his spot as leader of the team to take up that cross and bear it like Kaepernick did. Drew just chose to recant and stay in place.

Gary
                          I really can’t believe you just typed that. Proud to be an American is now something not to be expressed in the work place.
                          It’s really no wonder why this country is on the edge of the cliff

Comment

Yes, he has responsibilities to his team, his employer. And he can say what he wants but the cost will be his job. Probably his election into the hall of fame and any future he might have at any broadcasting gig.
                            Maybe not a choice you respect but he made the smart one financially.
                            Personally I don't give a rip **** what he or any professional or college athlete thinks or says.

Gary

Comment

Update:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	04AD3607-0BBD-4C8C-AAC0-98CD7A67EF01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	24621282

Comment

The fact remains, Kap went against nearly everyone as he was trying to bring attention to plight of the African American. Doing so, he lost all ability to play in the NFL. No team was willing to bring in the media storm that Kap would bring into camp with him. Therefore, he indeed lost millions of dollars because he choose to kneel and refused to back down.
                                So did Timmy.

Was the difference the ability to play QB at an NFL caliber level or the message?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X