• Show
Clear All

Nice looking rides.

I’ll get tires mounted Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
      Man that trucks way cool!

Comment

Got tires and rims on today, looking better. Have a couple more things popping up that’s gonna need attention.
        All the bushings on my shocks were dry rotted and crumbled even tho that lift has less than 1k miles on it. Prob gonna have to drop the gas tank because fuel is pretty bad, the gauge isn’t working and I keep loosing fuel to pump and guessing there is a leak somewhere allowing it to loose suction.
        Also think the alternator and or battery is weak.
        I’m prob gonna drop an Edelbrock intake and 600cfm carb on it soon as well.

Still not able to get exhaust manifold off to replace gasket that’s leaking. Been soaking in wd40 most every day but only one I’ve tried to get off I broke. Not sure what to do about it.

Comment

Those new tires and wheels look freaking sweet.

I like it !!!!

Comment

Turned out pretty good. Now to just start tackling some more of the little things.

Comment

Originally posted by Abilenehogman1 View Post
              72 Bronco
              That bronco looks sweet, nicely done

Comment

Mean green got some new parts today. Stopped by Summit in Arlington and picked up Edelbrock intake, Edelbrock 600 cfm carb, Edelbrock air cleaner and headers.
                Threw a new alternator on today as well.
                Don’t mind the puddle, the drain valve on radiator and me had a disagreement.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Got intake on, carb set and valve covers refinished. I had only worked on 351 before and did not realize that on the FE big block you have to remove the rockers and pushrods to get intake off. Installing new water pump as well just in case while I have it tore down.
                    Since most of the parts on these trucks are pretty cheap I’m replacing a few extras like alternator, water pump, master cylinder etc. it’s obvious this truck sat for a while because a lot of the rubber items like seals and bushings are pretty dried out and starting to show leaks or damage after I drove it a little.

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Great work KactusK!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

in

Comment

These are sweet trucks for sure!! Even if it is a Ford. Lol. I would love to find one in the wild and bring it home.

Comment

Bet that old iron intake was heavy. Saved some weight with that aluminum.

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
                                Bet that old iron intake was heavy. Saved some weight with that aluminum.
                                70#, wasn’t easy to get out of a lifted truck but got it done. Got water pump on and headers installed, those were a beating to do by myself. Wouldn’t be as bad the second time around, big learning curve. I am waiting for a couple small items but hoping to get it cranked up by end of day tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X