New Gillette ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Gillette ad

Now I know that I'm the problem. The world will be a better place when there is no masculinity.

Comment

Glad to see the backlash was immediate and overwhelmingly negative towards the ad.

Comment

Sad....

Comment

Can someone explain why this ad offends you?

I don't use their products and don't think it's a great ad campaign, but why all the hostility? I'm guessing because they got on their soapbox? It doesn't threaten my masculinity, but I guess I'd rather them stick to selling razors.
          Last edited by TxAg; 01-15-2019, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post

I don't use their products and don't think it's a great ad campaign, but why all the hostility?

It doesn't threaten my masculinity.
            Aside from a company that makes products primarily geared towards men falling in line to usher in the area of girly-men ****** bag hipsters? Nothing I guess.

It seems like they stuck a wet finger tip in the air to see which way the wind seemed to be blowing and went with it.

Comment

The kid at 1:28 looks like Gage off of Pet Semetary. Creepy little sumbuck.

What did I get from that over all? If you shave you're a woman.....no but really what was that all about?
              Last edited by okrattler; 01-16-2019, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Not really understanding the problem with this ad...

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
                  Not really understanding the problem with this ad...
                  1:18 was sad. It's not cool to pick on someone just because they're a Ginger.

Or maybe they're sending mixed messages through their ad. Shave that kids red hair off so he doesn't get made fun of and beat up? We'll most likely never know.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                    1:18 was sad. It's not cool to pick on someone just because they're a Ginger.

Or maybe they're sending mixed messages through their ad. Shave that kids red hair off so he doesn't get made fun of and beat up? We'll most likely never know.
                    Jesus H. Christ, he wasnt getting beat up because he was a ginger. Reading way too much into the ad.

Nowhere in the ad did "ginger/red head" even get brought up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Jesus H. Christ, he wasnt getting beat up because he was a ginger. Reading way too much into the ad.

Lol, I think you missed the sarcasm

Comment

But it's a known fact that gingers have no souls...... I think he was getting beat up because he's a ginger, and that offends me

okrattler.......... that's the funniest thing I've read in a while
                        [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

yeaaa... no..

i choose to raise my son like this..

Rules For My Son
                          Written by AAron
                          A few favorites from the book Rules for My Unborn Son.

1. Never shake a man’s hand sitting down.

2. There are plenty of ways to enter a pool. The stairs ain’t one.

3. The man at the grill is the closest thing we have to a king.

4. In a negotiation, never make the first offer.

5. Act like you’ve been there before. Especially in the end zone.

6. Request the late check-out.

7. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.

8. Hold your heroes to a higher standard.

9. Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.

10. Don’t fill up on bread.

11. When shaking hands, grip firmly and look him in the eye.

12. Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.

13. If you need music on the beach, you’re missing the point.

14. Carry two handkerchiefs. The one in your back pocket is for you. The one in your breast pocket is for her.

15. You marry the girl, you marry her whole family.

16. Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.

17. Experience the serenity of traveling alone.

18. Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room.

19. Never turn down a breath mint.

20. In a game of HORSE, sometimes a simple free throw will get ’em.

21. A sport coat is worth 1000 words.

22. Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.

23. Thank a veteran. And then make it up to him.

24. If you want to know what makes you unique, sit for a caricature.

25. Eat lunch with the new kid.

26. After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.

27. Ask your mom to play. She won’t let you win.

28. See it on the big screen.

29. Give credit. Take the blame.

30. Write down your dreams.

**i did not write this. its copied and pasted

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post

I don't use their products and don't think it's a great ad campaign, but why all the hostility? I'm guessing because they got on their soapbox? It doesn't threaten my masculinity, but I guess I'd rather them stick to selling razors.
                            Ding, ding, ding!!! Saw it on tv 3 times on morning shows. Then all day on talk radio it was brought up. What am I missing? Seems like they have decided to work the "me too" movement into their advertising campaign......maybe? If they are or if they are not .....so what? Gillette has struggled since all the Dollar Shave Club type places have gone online. But really, honestly, is this a attack on masculinity? Or, a goofy advertising campaign with subjective messaging? Or worse, crappy advertising at best? I tend to go with the last one....lol![emoji1] I know it ain't attacking nothing I was taught.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

the real problem with this and just about every commercial and show on tv is the underlying propaganda to make people think and act a the way they want you to. with people not even realizing that they are changing.
                              people are sheep and if they keep seeing the same thing over and over they start doing it them selves

Comment

Working...
                              X