Very interesting! Can someone post a link to the original article

Comment

Dan Flores “ coyote America “ is a great book you guys
      Should check it out .

Comment

Sorry, looks like it came off F.B.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          You are wrong. Here is the original post.. Don't try so hard..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Soooo........ It says in the first line they edited it. I read a previous version on the facepage earlier yesterday morning that was linked from another group page

If you want to get into a discussion about species survival plans, phylogenetics, and conservation management of endangered species in captivity. I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

I took my picture at Wells Fargo in Cleveland. The guy said it was a wolf. But I guess he tamed his

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

last pic is the best looking one. i don't know anything about the red wolf but color and size don't look like any yote i've seen!

Comment

Originally posted by Grulla View Post
                Dan Flores “ coyote America “ is a great book you guys
                Should check it out .
                Agree

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                  Soooo........ It says in the first line they edited it. I read a previous version on the facepage earlier yesterday morning that was linked from another group page

If you want to get into a discussion about species survival plans, phylogenetics, and conservation management of endangered species in captivity. I'm your huckleberry.
                  LOL.. Know your stuff do ya.. Good to know.

Comment

So, who is the guy/gal that posted the article. Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
                      He didn't ask if it was a "wolf"... a red wolf.

I say it's a no brainer.

[ATTACH]937575[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]937576[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]937577[/ATTACH]

I took this off a game cam in Nacogdoches last month. That bottom picture that buck slayer posted looks an awful lot like this one

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        LOL.. Know your stuff do ya.. Good to know.
                        Yeah I'm not trying to be a richard. And I know that the way I responded did

As an undergrad I spent several years helping with a study on Galapagos tortoise and mgmt between the islands. Then spent 4 years as the lab manager for the genetics lab at the Omaha zoo. Then spent 7 years in another conservation genetics lab where the primary focus the last 4 years of that stint was making genetic management recommendations for the International Whaling Commission.

For the last 10 years I have been researching hairless primates (humans) at a medical center.

I wish the red wolf was still around here, but that battle was lost 80-90 years ago

Comment

While I cant say that they are 100% Red Wolf, I worked on a ranch that had a group of at least part Red Wolves. Im sure there is some kind of hybridization, similar to Mule Deer and Whitetail. The group of Wolves were bigger and had a physical appearance differing from the coyotes that ran on the same piece of property. I cant say 100% because I never killed or caught any of the critters that were wolf appearing I do not know for sure, but i do know there was something different about them and they very much so resembled the pictures I have seen of Red Wolves.

Comment

Just a big ole mature coyote. Love the people who think they found something new

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                              Just a big ole mature coyote. Love the people who think they found something new
                              Actually that would be something very old.. Not new..

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                                I'm not saying that this is something new. But my picture looks a lot like the verified picture of a red wolf.

Comment

Working...
                                X