cabo or cancun questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cabo or cancun questions

Which one would be better for me to surprise my wife with for her 40th birthday? I read the fishing is better in Cabo but the beaches are better in Cancun, is this true? We have never been to either of them so any information would be great.

Also for those who have been, do you feel safe while there?

Neither is safe right now but if your set on Mexico go to Cozumel. It's an island and seems to be a little safer than the mainland. But if you can get a little more cash together find a good resort in the Caribbean somewhere.

Blog dedicated to the reporting of organized crime
    on the border line between the US and Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
      Neither is safe right now but if your set on Mexico go to Cozumel. It's an island and seems to be a little safer than the mainland. But if you can get a little more cash together find a good resort in the Caribbean somewhere.
      This guy is spot on

Comment

Been to both. I prefer Cabo.
        Depends on what you want though:
        beaches, then yes Cancun
        fishing, then yes Cabo
        nightlife, both
        no where in this world is safe. Don't let that deter you.

Comment

Originally posted by frios View Post
          Been to both. I prefer Cabo.
          Depends on what you want though:
          beaches, then yes Cancun
          fishing, then yes Cabo
          nightlife, both
          no where in this world is safe. Don't let that deter you.

This.
          I prefer Cabo and I have always felt safer in Cabo.
          Going again in July.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/
            Any recommended areas or resorts?

Comment

Everything you said about the beaches and fishing is accurate. If dead set on beaches I would head Playa Del Carmen which is a 45 minute shuttle or cab ride out of Cancun. If you want to fish Talk her into Cabo still very pretty.. think desert cactus and mountains with nice beaches but the current is so strong you cannot get in the water.
              In regards to safety between family and friends we have been all around both 100s of times with no concern. Less than two weeks ago my MIL and FIL ended up in the middle of a shoot out in Isle of Mujeres (basically Cancun) between drug dealers. When I say in the middle shooter at 4' and them pulling tables on top of them and FIL laying on top her. I am one to agree with anything can happen anywhere at anytime but this one hit a little to close to home and I am not sure when we will be back. As mentioned spend a few more bucks and head to one of the Caribbean islands.

Comment

Summer- Cabo has awesome night time temperatures.
                Winter- Cancun

Secrets Resorts will not disappoint.

Each room has a "Secret" door for room service deliveries.

Comment

Cancun beaches are good to look at but can't really do much in the water because of the undertow, same with Playa Del Carmen. I prefer Cozumel because you can snorkel or dive right from the beach plus it's an island and not as much issues like you have on the mainland. Secrets in Cozumel is a nice place with swim up rooms.

Comment

Isla Mujeras is way better than Cancun. (just a 20 minute ferry ride from Cancun)

Very safe.

Will never go to Cancun again.

Comment

There are plenty of beaches to go to and get in the water in Cabo as long as its not on the Pacific side.

Cabo is much smaller than Cancun, we walk almost everywhere we go.

I also feel I could get caught in the middle of a bad drug deal anywhere here in the states.

Would you want to go All-inclusive or not, I have been both ways and I am beginning to like going non- all - inclusive and enjoying some great food.

I would pick Cabo every time I was asked this question.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                        This guy is spot on
                        He posted a link having to do with an ex policeman who steals gasoline (although it did say he just returned from a vacation with his family in Cancun, "Oh my!"), other Narcos news of interior mexico, Chapo news, etc....

Doesn't look too "spot on".

Comment

Originally posted by Crazzy View Post
                          This.

I prefer Cabo and I have always felt safer in Cabo.

Going again in July.
                          This.

I wouldn't go back to cancun on my dime.

Done cabo twice and probably going back this summer. We walked all over town till near midnight. Imo cabo is an older crowd with less (near zero) screaming drunk 20 year olds

Too add we have done all inclusive both times. But we also head down toward the marina to hang out and eat. I also found it cheaper than Cancun

I love it.

[emoji16][emoji16] even the celebs hang out there

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Quackerbox; 01-16-2019, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Chicago is safe!!!!

Comment

I've never understood Cancun. The city outside of the resort zone is run down with high crime. The resort zone is expensive and built specifically to make people feel like they aren't in Mexico. The airport is the only reason to be there. Fly to Cancun and go to Holbox.

Comment

Working...
                              X