Double Dave’s pizza rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Dave’s pizza rolls

Anyone have a good recipe to make them at home? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ve used pillsbury crescent roll dough, a Sam’s mozzarella cheese stick, Sam’s pepperoni. Cook according to crescent roll directions. Super simple easy. Might slice cheese stick longways if it’s too much cheese. You can play with using better pepperoni or seasonings.

Just an FYI; I pretty much functioned on Double Dave’s Buffett’s when I was at UT. between coupons in the Daily Texan, friends discount, and my Lunchie Munchie Punchie Card, I probably at there at least once a week for 4 years.

Comment

I don't have a dough recipe but man they are freaking good. So is their Stromboli! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
        I don't have a dough recipe but man they are freaking good. So is their Stromboli! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
        I'm not familiar with Double Daves Pizza rolls, but if you like stromboli you need to try the one from Joe's Pasta & Pizza in Keller. It's unlike any I've ever had, it's HUGE, and it will knock out hangovers and induce naps unlike anything I've ever seen.

Comment

Yes, I think I have that perfected.

Step 1 - buy 6 dozen
          Step 2 - freeze
          Step 3 - reheat and enjoy

Other then that I will follow along as those things are delicious and I need a recipe as well!

Comment

I don’t know the exact recipe, but at some point I’m sure they are drizzled by the tears of angels!

Comment

Now I gotta go to Double Dave’s….

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
                We’ve used pillsbury crescent roll dough, a Sam’s mozzarella cheese stick, Sam’s pepperoni. Cook according to crescent roll directions. Super simple easy. Might slice cheese stick longways if it’s too much cheese. You can play with using better pepperoni or seasonings.

Just an FYI; I pretty much functioned on Double Dave’s Buffett’s when I was at UT. between coupons in the Daily Texan, friends discount, and my Lunchie Munchie Punchie Card, I probably at there at least once a week for 4 years.
                I do think they basted them with a garlic butter too.

Comment

I do think they basted them with a garlic butter too.
                  That sho ain't gonna hurt

Comment

The pizza rolls are the best item on the menu at Double Dave’s!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I do this to make "kolaches". Use small sausage and shredded cheese. Add a couple cowboy candies....

Sorry, crescent rolls beat kolache bread any day of the week. Prove me wrong. Its science. I followed it.

Comment

I use to frequent Double Dave's in Austin also back in my college days in the 90's. Loved their buffet and the Pepperoni rolls with ranch dressing! They just opened a location 10 minutes from me so now I got my kids hooked on them, lol.

Comment

Can't help but I'll add the only pizza rolls that can rival them, and dare I say, be more enjoyable, are/were the rolls at Pappas Pizza, of Pappadeaux/Pappasitos fame. We almost lived at Pappas Pizza on Beltline in Addison back in the day. Double Dave's are dang good though.

Comment

I guess I will need to find myself a double Dave's pretty quick!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              I don’t know the exact recipe, but at some point I’m sure they are drizzled by the tears of angels!

Interesting. I always thought it was a single tear from a mermaid to impart healing qualities and long life. Learn something new every day here. Either way, based on how often we skipped Stats class back in college for DD's rolls, I should live forever.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X