Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 College Football - Fall Camps Open!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    Not true
    Should have said gotta beat all that are on your schedule

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
      Should have said gotta beat all that are on your schedule
      Also not true......but that will guarantee it in your case

Comment

If you don't think it makes it a difference if they are in your division or not then you are extremely naive

We’ve played bama so long it doesn’t matter in my eyes, i could careless about easier. I just want to beat them idc if it’s week one or 10, status quo is you beat them you’re in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
          Haven’t been on this thread in a few years… still the same old **** show I see! I don’t care who is in our conference, division, pod etc. Gotta beat them all or it doesn’t matter. Cautiously optimistic that Jimbo can get the Aggies there, just ready to watch some CFB.
          Man go look at the other one. Lol.

Easily the best thread on TBH.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
            We’ve played bama so long it doesn’t matter in my eyes, i could careless about easier. I just want to beat them idc if it’s week one or 10, status quo is you beat them you’re in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Okie dokie. Great attitude

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
              whats this all about? The Senate Select Committee on the Future of College Sports in Texas, which Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick created last week, meets at 1 p.m. at the Texas Capitol on Monday, for lawmakers to study the athletic and economic impact to Texas schools and communities by the Longhorns’ decision to find a new home in the SEC.
              Posturing more than anything. I'm sure, not much of anything well come from it.

However, let's be real here. With the kind of money that's being thrown around, politics are going to be involved to one extent or the other. The TX schools currently in the Big 12 not named UT are poised to be hurt big-time financially by this move. The Big 12 will either be downgraded to 2nd tier status (i.e. Group of 5) or eventually break apart altogether. This move obviously benefits UT, but it does nothing for any the other schools in TX outside of A&M who is already in the SEC. Top tier talent in TX not picked up by UT or A&M probably will go to power conference schools out of State.

These schools are earning something like $30MM annually being in the Big 12. For reference, UH is in the AAC (probably considered the best Group of 5 conference) and their payout is $7MM per year. So, these schools stand to loose $20MM + per year as part of their athletic department budget. I'd say that's a big deal and not just for football, but for all sports. That's just talking money, not even recruiting or perceived status. In addition to the significant downgraded budget, they will have to live with less bowl game access and almost no realistic shot at a National Championship (at least in football).

Heck, if it wasn't for politics, Tech and especially Baylor would not have even been part of the Big 12 to begin with. So I guess they were at least lucky enough to be part of it for the past 20 years.

I have no dog in this fight, but politicians getting involved is no surprise. I mean, they probably just want their cut too.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post

However, let's be real here. With the kind of money that's being thrown around, politics are going to be involved to one extent or the other. The TX schools currently in the Big 12 not named UT are poised to be hurt big-time financially by this move. The Big 12 will either be downgraded to 2nd tier status (i.e. Group of 5) or eventually break apart altogether. This move obviously benefits UT, but it does nothing for any the other schools in TX outside of A&M who is already in the SEC. Top tier talent in TX not picked up by UT or A&M probably will go to power conference schools out of State.

These schools are earning something like $30MM annually being in the Big 12. For reference, UH is in the AAC (probably considered the best Group of 5 conference) and their payout is $7MM per year. So, these schools stand to loose $20MM + per year as part of their athletic department budget. I'd say that's a big deal and not just for football, but for all sports. That's just talking money, not even recruiting or perceived status. In addition to the significant downgraded budget, they will have to live with less bowl game access and almost no realistic shot at a National Championship (at least in football).

Heck, if it wasn't for politics, Tech and especially Baylor would not have even been part of the Big 12 to begin with. So I guess they were at least lucky enough to be part of it for the past 20 years.

I have no dog in this fight, but politicians getting involved is no surprise. I mean, they probably just want their cut too.
                You are up to speed

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post

With that line of thinking the politicians are way to late. When they let the "Big 12" go down to 10 is what hurt the other institutions.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                    With that line of thinking the politicians are way to late. When they let the "Big 12" go down to 10 is what hurt the other institutions.
                    not wrong

Comment

This has already been debunked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

whats this all about? The Senate Select Committee on the Future of College Sports in Texas, which Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick created last week, meets at 1 p.m. at the Texas Capitol on Monday, for lawmakers to study the athletic and economic impact to Texas schools and communities by the Longhorns’ decision to find a new home in the SEC.

Tip of the iceberg, they’re coming after the PUF.

The Permanent University Fund (PUF) is one of our state’s most unique, important, and enduring competitive advantages. In 1876, the Texas Constitution set aside land in West Texas to support The University of Texas and Texas A&M systems of higher education. Today, that land – encompassing 2.1 million acres – is leased to oil and gas companies whose wells generate revenue that flows into the PUF. Land also is leased for grazing, wind farms and other revenue-generating activities.

Comment

Correct, but theres a big difference in beating them in week 4 vs week LAST. That can't be debated. He's the GOAT.
                          Then it is actually more difficult for LSU. Easier for Florida/Georgia.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

lsu qb gos down with left arm.....LSU quarterback Myles Brennan is out for the foreseeable future with a left arm injury, the school announced on Monday afternoon. The redshirt junior was competing for the starting quarterback job with sophomore Max Johnson, but instead will have surgery on his arm on Tuesday, putting his 2021 season in serious doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                              Tip of the iceberg, they’re coming after the PUF.

The Permanent University Fund (PUF) is one of our state’s most unique, important, and enduring competitive advantages. In 1876, the Texas Constitution set aside land in West Texas to support The University of Texas and Texas A&M systems of higher education. Today, that land – encompassing 2.1 million acres – is leased to oil and gas companies whose wells generate revenue that flows into the PUF. Land also is leased for grazing, wind farms and other revenue-generating activities.

Which I find interesting... I didn't read the article but what has been explained to me is that ut gets 2/3rds which is over 30 billion and Ags get 1/3 for around 15 billion from PUF. I don't know if true but I read that 1/3rd or tus goes to medical side

Texas Tech I could see going after a piece of the pie as a public school. Not sure the private schools have a case or even can.

Comment

lsu qb gos down with left arm.....LSU quarterback Myles Brennan is out for the foreseeable future with a left arm injury, the school announced on Monday afternoon. The redshirt junior was competing for the starting quarterback job with sophomore Max Johnson, but instead will have surgery on his arm on Tuesday, putting his 2021 season in serious doubt.
                                That is terrible news

Comment

Working...
                                X