Houston to ATL to JoBurg Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston to ATL to JoBurg Help

I am worried I have made a mistake. We booked our flights to Joburg 6 months ago. I just got to noticing that we only have a 56 minute layover in Atlanta before departing for Joburg. I am concerned if this will be enough time for plane swap and luggage to get moved over? Anyone made this trek with the short layover in ATL?

Call the airlines and verify if that's enough time. An hour would be a fast swap

Comment

Kill'em all and I had 50 mins to catch our flight to Joberg, we were moving fast only to find out our flight to Joberg was delayed an hour. We were very concerned about our bow cases making it. Good luck, you are gonna have a blast!

Comment

aren't you hunting at African Arrow?

Comment

So you're flying on Delta I presume? If you flight to Atlanta is on Delta, I would contact the airline and see if there is an earlier flight to Atlanta they could arrange for you to take.

Comment

We flew back from SCTP Nationals (Shotgun Competiton) in Ohio and had a layover in St. Louis. First flight was delayed an hour. Second flight was not delayed so we had to sprint to the gate to catch the second plane back to Houston. I thought there was no way they would get our shotguns and luggage on the new flight but they did it!!

Comment

That is tight, contact the airline and see about getting an earlier flight. Whenever I fly international I try to keep two hours at least for layovers.

Comment

That's the flight I took had no problem....

Comment

Originally posted by JDALEX View Post
                  aren't you hunting at African Arrow?
                  Yessir I am. This is my main concern is bowcases making it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ingle67 View Post
                    So you're flying on Delta I presume? If you flight to Atlanta is on Delta, I would contact the airline and see if there is an earlier flight to Atlanta they could arrange for you to take.
                    There is it just involves $300 flight change fee plus fare difference per man.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                      That's the flight I took had no problem....
                      Good to hear!

Comment

as long as the first flight isn't delayed you should be fine. That airport is very easy to navigate and your Flight attendants can always phone ahead and tell them you are coming once you hit the ground in Atlanta.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                          Hope it all works out for you. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Comment

If things go right it should be no issue, but if things go wrong they go wrong and not much you can do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                              How much does it cost if you miss your connection? I would be getting on an earlier flight, if only to avoid the stress of trying to make a tight connection.

Comment

Working...
                              X