All Terrain Tire Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Terrain Tire Input

I am going to need to replace the tires on my F250. I am either going to go with a 275/65/20 or 285/65/20 all terrain tires. In the past, I have always gone with BF Goodrich T/A KO2, and have had pretty good luck with them. But looking for other suggestions on all terrain tires. So...

Looking for input, good and bad, on your all terrain tire experience.

Thanks in advance...

The last two sets of BFG TA KO2's I've ran were junk... I'm lucky to get 25,000 miles out of them anymore. Salesman said they're made with a softer rubber compound now. I did some reading online and I've seen a lot of people saying the same thing. I'm also in the market for a new brand and thinking of going back with Nitto Terra Grappler...

Comment

I like my Goodyear ultra terrain tires. Not sure if they offer the size you want but they’re worth a look.

Comment

Toyo open country at2. I just got 70,000 + miles on a set on my F250.

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post
          I am going to need to replace the tires on my F250. I am either going to go with a 275/65/20 or 285/65/20 all terrain tires. In the past, I have always gone with BF Goodrich T/A KO2, and have had pretty good luck with them. But looking for other suggestions on all terrain tires. So...

Thanks in advance...
          I used to run the BFG T/A KO2 on my Dodge 2500. 275/70/R18 Load range E 10 ply. Our dirt road ate em up pretty bad after about 30K miles.

Im currently running the same size Goodyear Wrangler AT 275/70/18 on my 2017 F250. They are holding up better than the BFG on the same 6 miles of dirt/gravel road i drive each day. Currently sitting at 43K Miles on them and are changing this week.

My brother and several friends who are salesman for oil companies are loving the Nitto Ridge Grappler 10 Ply tires. They are rated for 50K miles, but have personally witnessed a set running close to 65K miles, alot of that on dirt, lease roads. That is what i am switching to

Comment

They are all about the same , IMO . That being said I run bfg a/t I am on 50,000 miles on current set, I might try some Genral or cooper this go around

Comment

For 3/4 ton look at the Toyo AT2 or the Toyo RT.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                The last two sets of BFG TA KO2's I've ran were junk... I'm lucky to get 25,000 miles out of them anymore. Salesman said they're made with a softer rubber compound now. I did some reading online and I've seen a lot of people saying the same thing. I'm also in the market for a new brand and thinking of going back with Nitto Terra Grappler...
                I’ve heard they don’t do well on 3/4 Ton. But it’s all I run on my f150. They do great. Last set got me around 60k.

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post

Thanks in advance...
                  All I've ever run on my F-250, never had any issues.

Comment

Cooper has some good All terrains.

Comment

I put Nitto trail grapplers on my 3/4 ton chevy last October They are holding up very well and they are pretty aggressive for all terrain tires. I have put about 20k miles on them so far.

Comment

I've got a set of the 10 ply TA KO2's on my f150 that are about to roll over 65,000 miles, and still have life left. I had them put on in the summer of 2016.
                        Last edited by duckboy007; 04-23-2019, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Nitto Terra Grapplers have served me well. I can get 60k+ miles out of them on my Ram 2500. They work very well off road too.

Comment

Did the same here. I think the best I got was 30k, which isn't bad for a 3/4 ton tire. Switched to Goodyear Duratrac's, this set so far has about 30k on them. Probably have another year left on them.

The terra grapplers aren't aggressive enough, and if you go to trail grappler, they are loud as hell. Generally speaking, the cheaper the tire, the louder they are on pavement too.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                              Nitto Terra Grapplers have served me well. I can get 60k+ miles out of them on my Ram 2500. They work very well off road too.
                              ^^ This. ^^ Just switched out for another pair of Nitto Grapplers that had over 60K miles. I would have gotten more if I had kept up with alignment. This is my third set of Nitto Grapplers. I switched from BFG All Terrains because of the road noise and never regretted it.

Comment

Working...
                              X