SCAM....Ya think???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCAM....Ya think???

Has anyone else got a call with a recording saying if they didn't press one to talk with a representative that their social security account would be locked and could never be reopened?

I didn't get the call my wife did, I told her it was a scam, she said she hung up on the call. I have been waiting on my call so I can jack with them:

I definitely would've pressed 1 just for some entertainment.

Comment

Definitely a scam. The SSA will never call you on the phone.

Comment

They left me a message saying my SS has been suspended. Uh oh..

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
          Has anyone else got a call with a recording saying if they didn't press one to talk with a representative that their social security account would be locked and could never be reopened?

I didn't get the call my wife did, I told her it was a scam, she said she hung up on the call. I have been waiting on my call so I can jack with them:
          got one similar but they said they were from the Social Security office and I was under investigation for money laundering and drug trafficking. I had a good 20min conversation just giving them the runaround. I like to mess with them as much as possible when they call.

Comment

A crying shame now that more than half of the calls most get at the house/cell are BS calls looking sell something
            I do not think the phone companies do enough to protect you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
              A crying shame now that more than half of the calls most get at the house/cell are BS calls looking sell something
              I do not think the phone companies do enough to protect you.
              There's not a whole lot they can do.

We need a new law saying phone scammers are fair game. That would make a lot of entertainment as the rush to get back at them would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                There's not a whole lot they can do.

We need a new law saying phone scammers are fair game. That would make a lot of entertainment as the rush to get back at them would be great.
                What do you mean fair game?

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                  I definitely would've pressed 1 just for some entertainment.
                  I did and she asked for my ss#, I told her she should have it already and she hung up on me. Lol

Comment

Working...
                  X