No announcement yet.

Since hogs are such a problem.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could have a lot to post in this thread, but will refrain. The state could have took care of the hog problem years ago but its too late now.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      I could have a lot to post in this thread, but will refrain. The state could have took care of the hog problem years ago but its too late now.
      You can't spread a bunch of dangerous poison around. Too many liabilities and like others said hogs aren't a problem in a lot of areas, they are actually commodities.

Comment

You are exactly right ! They should have gotten out in front of this twenty years ago. I see the same problem potentially with free range exotics. I already hear stories about aoudads taking over feeders as well as axis deer. Don't get me wrong, I love axis meat, can't say about aoudad, don't care to kill one, but they are technically an invasive species.

Comment

Lots of people have figured out people will pay big money to shoot hogs. I would pay something but not what people want for them. The meat is good but I can buy lots of good pork for cheap. What would it be worth to you landowners to have people come shoot some of your hogs?

Comment

Almost like immigration

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              I think the point is that if there was a processing plant you could haul them to and get paid decent money you and your neighbors would trap more of them. I know I would. A lot of people would.
              My insurance company (farm bureau) is doing a trail run in Wood county this year. From end of deer season till March 31.

Must be farm bureau member to compete
              Have to be Wood co killed hogs
              Any means legal
              For every tail you turn in you get a raffle ticket
              Every Monday a ticket is drawn from the week before for prizes
              At the end all will be recombined and drawn
              As well as award and prizes for most

We provide: method killed, s ex, day or night and precinct killed for data

All prizes were donated by local farm and ranchers weekly... $200 Visa cards and such. I won one week and won an entire rib eye roll cut how I wanted from my processor... $195 worth of 1 1/4” rib eyes!

But in reality I’m doing what I do anyway and so are the other big hitters. The expected 6k... I laughed. If they break 1k it would surprise me.

The killing 1-2-4 and “helping “ ain’t helping. When I can place them in large pre baited and monitor traps or open fields and unleash a team of hell fire and brimstone thermal shooters.... they start piling up... but as soon as you get off the throttle, it’s like we were never there.

Comment

I hate them. Build a wall. My cousin has 3 traps with cameras and catches a couple of 100 a week. Need a bounty on them wait til they spread c w d then the TPWD may do something.

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                  Lots of people have figured out people will pay big money to shoot hogs. I would pay something but not what people want for them. The meat is good but I can buy lots of good pork for cheap. What would it be worth to you landowners to have people come shoot some of your hogs?
                  Not worth having extra people running around the place educating the pigs. Hunting does nothing to help. I would rather trap, shoot, and dump them myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                    You can't spread a bunch of dangerous poison around. Too many liabilities and like others said hogs aren't a problem in a lot of areas, they are actually commodities.
                    Yeah.

Comment

you boys are naive. it's all about money.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                        Not worth having extra people running around the place educating the pigs. Hunting does nothing to help. I would rather trap, shoot, and dump them myself.
                        Yep!

To be really honest most people I know that hunt..... scare me that they own a weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                          It would be worth nothing. You cannot shoot enough pigs to make a difference. Most guys would come out empty handed anyway. Just look at the H hog hunt threads... a whole army of dudes goes into one of the most heavily populated hog areas and when the dust settles 20-40 dead pigs.

Comment

Shoot em and give them to me, or drop them at CCR procesing. I can put them to good use!
                            Thanks
                            Bert

Comment

Big corral Traps, thermals/night vision and choppers are effective. Dogs, stand hunting, box traps just make them wiser

Comment

Originally posted by CentexRancher View Post
                                I will come hunt them free of charge. This is a benefit to you, not me. I will save your land from the hogs.

If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that. I have actually had people get mad at me for not letting them hunt!

Most do not realize the liability exposure and work required of the land owner to allow a “free hunt”

Nothing is free folks!

Comment

Working...
                                X