Will a 30-30 still kill deer & hogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
    No, its rubber and the BC is way to low to shoot anything over 20 feet away.
    Well dang. There's a 200+ lb. South Texas buck on my wall I am going to have to tell to get down and move along.

What do I do if he won't listen?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
      Well dang. There's a 200+ lb. South Texas buck on my wall I am going to have to tell to get down and move along.

What do I do if he won't listen?

Hump him till he pees, then lure him outside with vanilla scented pea gravel???

Comment

Only if you don’t shoot past 30 yards

Comment

Hump him till he pees, then lure him outside with vanilla scented pea gravel???
          It ain't working!

Comment

Gotta have the depleted uranium rounds. lol Of course it will. Contrary to what some seem to believe, you don't have to have a 300 winmag to kill either of them.

Comment

If it's not a full custom suppressed 6.5 Creedmoor AI Magnum with the hubble telescope on top, not only can you not kill anything, the deer will laugh at you for being poor.
              Last edited by jdg13; 10-07-2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

100 yards in, it will kill them with the best of them. Over 100 yards it starts to get iffy.

Comment

No, A round nose cup and core bullet will no longer kill any animal. If the BC of your bullet is not the highest available, bonded with a pretty little plastic tip traveling at 3,000 PFS you might as well not shoot at anything including squirrel and ground hogs.
                  [emoji848]How fast?[emoji16]
                  3000 FPS?

Comment

Dead is dead!

Comment

I don't think it will. Gotta have the 338 whackmaster 4000

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                        It ain't working!

Did he pee yet? If not, keep humpin.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigDarder View Post
                          So this is why the one I have in the classifieds ain’t selling.......
                          Oh well. I'll give Ya $25 for it just to help you out of your misery.

Comment

Just a reminder its the "Hunter that Kills"

Bell recorded all of his kills and shots fired. It was a business to him, not pleasure, and he needed to record expenditures.

He shot exactly 1,011 elephants; about 800 of them were shot with Rigby-made 7x57mm (.275 Rigby) rifles and round nose 173 grain military ammo.
                            He shot elephants with a Mannlicher-Schoenauer 6.5x54mm carbine using the long 159 grain FMJ bullets and noted that it was probably the most beautiful rifle he ever had, but gave it up due to faulty ammunition.
                            He shot his first safari with a Lee Enfield in .303 British and the 215 grain army bullet. Thereafter he kept a ten shot Army& Navy Lee Enfield as a sort of back up and in the hope he might find ten elephants silly enough to stand around long enough for him to use the whole magazine.
                            He went to rifles chambered in .318 Westley Richards for a while, which is a .32 caliber cartridge firing a 250 grain bullet at about 2400 fps, but found the ammunition unreliable and again returned to the 7x57mm. He later wrote that the .318 Westley Richards was more of a reliable killer for certain shots, while the 7x57 was a "surgeons" rifle.
                            He also recorded that one of the reasons why he favored the 7x57 was that the ammunition was more reliable and he could not recall ever having a fault with it; whereas British sporting ammunition, apart from the .303 military ammo, gave him endless trouble with splitting cases.
                            He owned a .450/400 Jeffrey double rifle made by Thomas Bland & Sons, but did not use it after his first safari, as he considered the action not rugged enough and the Mauser repeating action to be just as quick as a double for aimed shooting.
                            He wrote about being able to drop an elephant with a light caliber rifle if he shot it in the same place that he would have shot it with a heavy rifle and realised this fully when he saw that elephants shot with a .303 died just as quickly when shot in the same place as a .450/400 double rifle with both triggers wired together, so they went off at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                              Just a reminder its the "Hunter that Kills"

Bell recorded all of his kills and shots fired. It was a business to him, not pleasure, and he needed to record expenditures.

He shot exactly 1,011 elephants; about 800 of them were shot with Rigby-made 7x57mm (.275 Rigby) rifles and round nose 173 grain military ammo.
                              He shot elephants with a Mannlicher-Schoenauer 6.5x54mm carbine using the long 159 grain FMJ bullets and noted that it was probably the most beautiful rifle he ever had, but gave it up due to faulty ammunition.
                              He shot his first safari with a Lee Enfield in .303 British and the 215 grain army bullet. Thereafter he kept a ten shot Army& Navy Lee Enfield as a sort of back up and in the hope he might find ten elephants silly enough to stand around long enough for him to use the whole magazine.
                              He went to rifles chambered in .318 Westley Richards for a while, which is a .32 caliber cartridge firing a 250 grain bullet at about 2400 fps, but found the ammunition unreliable and again returned to the 7x57mm. He later wrote that the .318 Westley Richards was more of a reliable killer for certain shots, while the 7x57 was a "surgeons" rifle.
                              He also recorded that one of the reasons why he favored the 7x57 was that the ammunition was more reliable and he could not recall ever having a fault with it; whereas British sporting ammunition, apart from the .303 military ammo, gave him endless trouble with splitting cases.
                              He owned a .450/400 Jeffrey double rifle made by Thomas Bland & Sons, but did not use it after his first safari, as he considered the action not rugged enough and the Mauser repeating action to be just as quick as a double for aimed shooting.
                              He wrote about being able to drop an elephant with a light caliber rifle if he shot it in the same place that he would have shot it with a heavy rifle and realised this fully when he saw that elephants shot with a .303 died just as quickly when shot in the same place as a .450/400 double rifle with both triggers wired together, so they went off at the same time.
                              Man. Juat think what could he have done with a 6.5 Creedmoor?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                                Just checkin?
                                Still kills deader than a door nail.

Comment

Working...
                                X