how many rattle can your guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many rattle can your guns

I have a early SS 700 mountain rifle. She's been rode hard and put up wet but is still a sweet shooting rifle. I never cared for the look of black and stainless and I'm thinking about just spraying her down with some paint. Do or don't do. If don't do, options?

I would probably cerakote and dip vs spray paint.

Comment

Only if you never want to part with it.
      I have a hard time buying a gun that is rattle canned.

Comment

It’s fun, I enjoy changing my rifles up every now and then. Usually kills the resale value of the rifle so don’t plan on getting rid of it. Pretty easy process too just takes a piece of tape over the bolt opening on a bolt action or closing the dust cover on a AR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve only rattle canned one of my rifles. Savage 116 bear hunter. I didn’t like the camp of the stock so I removed and did my own paint. It came out good and looks great, And actually held up pretty well 16 days on a river in AK. Sanded stock, primer 4 or 5 coats, OD green 6-7 coats, then matte clear 5-6 coats. I like stainless so I only did the stock and left the metal alone.

Comment

Thanks folks! I should have mentioned no plans to ever sell it. I've also considered painting the stock and just tape the barrel every year. Since it's stainless it should be ok but I don't hunt in a blind and it does get damp.

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
              Thanks folks! I should have mentioned no plans to ever sell it. I've also considered painting the stock and just tape the barrel every year. Since it's stainless it should be ok but I don't hunt in a blind and it does get damp.

Painting is good rust protection even if it’s a ugly job. Just grab some different colors and go to town until it looks decent and call it good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just did last night
                Attached Files

Comment

Just did this one last week.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've done a few

Comment

Oh lord many many times...
                      When I was a kid nothing was safe

Comment

love doing it but im not parting with any guns! fun to mix it up but im a hunter not a shiny new paper puncher😬

Comment

Ive done a couple. This was the last one

It shows some wear after 4 years but that was my kid letting it rest on the dash of the ranger all day while running around

Sendit has done some amazing rifle paint jobs
                          Last edited by Quackerbox; 12-04-2020, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I’ve used the spray cans of Duracoat a few times. Simple process and a bit more durable than spray paint, although it’s a bit more expensive. I say do it. You mess up you can just do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                              Just did last night
                              Nice work.

Comment

Working...
                              X