Cast bullets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cast bullets?

Who do you get your cast bullets from? For the past 20 years I’ve been ordering from Leadhead’s (www.proshootpro.com), and I got an email from the family after submitting an order stating that Mr. Mace had passed away. The thing I always liked about Leadheads bullets was that they were accurate but still cheap. For big bore revolvers and lever guns, I don’t need some chunk of lead that costs $1.25 by itself. With any caliber starting with a 4 (or 5!) just making contact with the bullet generally means the deer or hog is going down. I’ve got two boxes of 440gr for my 500 S&W from Cast Performance that are admittedly much nicer than your typical hardcast bullet, but I don’t think a pig will know the difference.

Been looking online, and it appears that coated bullets are the new thing. Anyone have a brand they prefer for heavy-for-caliber hardcast bullets? Specially looking for 300-350gr .452 for my 454 Casull.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I make all mine, but some popular ones I know of are

Blue bullets
    Bayou bullets
    Black bullets
    Acme

I don't know if they have the size you need, but they make good bullets

Comment

I really like Beartooth Bullets.

Comment

Bayou and Acme are the ones I use for .44 and .45. Coated.

Comment

bullets by Scarlett. she supplies a lot of the cowboy action shooters but has most pistol calibers.

Comment

Missouri Bullet Company

Comment

Acme and Beartooth
              I like Acme for my 45-70 and my 45acp

Comment

Neilson

Comment

I think you're going to find you like the coated bullets over lube groove and wax.... There is a lot less smoke.

I've used Blue Bullets, they are top notch. Black bullets also enjoys a good rep. But most of the places have it sorted out or they don't last long!

Good Hunting.

Comment

I cast all my own but there are several commercial casters in the classifieds on the castboolit forum as well as jacketed bullets brass and lots of other stuff

Comment

Got some 350’s for my 454. I think I will get some 285gr Keith for it as well for some flatter shooting freight trains

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                        Got some 350’s for my 454. I think I will get some 285gr Keith for it as well for some flatter shooting freight trains
                        I have yet to kill anything but a skunk with my 454... but I'm pretty sure anything coming out of it is a freight train

Comment

Man I hate to hear bout Leadhead. I been using them for 20+ years.
                          Their gas checked bullets for .41 mag were the best I ever found. Both my Pig pistols love those 270 gr semis. I wonder if they still have any old stock on hand they will sell?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            Man I hate to hear bout Leadhead. I been using them for 20+ years.
                            Their gas checked bullets for .41 mag were the best I ever found. Both my Pig pistols love those 270 gr semis. I wonder if they still have any old stock on hand they will sell?
                            Yeah I was too. I used a 262gr silhouette bullet for my 44mag that would handle nearly 1500fps. They also had a fantastic 300gr gas checked bullet for the 45-70 that was very accurate and did not lead the barrel at 2250fps

Comment

Just got delivery from Acme. Cool packaging
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X