A good 30 mins to spend for reloaders/builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good 30 mins to spend for reloaders/builders

This probably won't apply to most folks but I got started reloading from an old buddy of my dads that used to shoot in the warehouse in Houston with the guys mentioned so the stories were always really cool to me. That led me to building rifles since I machined so I thought some of you that reload and even machine/build may enjoy this video from Mr. Cortina with "Speedy" Gonzales. If nothing else it's a good 30 mins to spend IMHO.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kUywg2OFUk"]Speedy Gonzales - Keep'em Small Episode 1 - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by kck; 11-30-2020, 10:04 AM.

I watched this one the other day. It was pretty interesting hearing some of the stories he had.

Comment

That was very enjoyable. Thanks for doing this.

Comment

Speedy is a great guy, shooter and builds a very fine rifle.

Comment

Interesting video. Thanks for posting.

Comment

good watch!

Kind of disappointed that Eric has taken his content to Patreon now where you have to pay to view it

Comment

tagged for tonight-- thanks!

Comment

"Boss" is good people and I've known Speedy a looooong time. He's even built a few rifles for me over the years (280 Ack Imp and a 220 Russian). Also have several friends that shot in the Houston warehouse. Shooting usually occurred between midnight and 4:00am. Some have passed and the remaining few are in their late 70's early 80's. Even under a perfectly controlled environment, the elusive 0.000" group was never shot, nor really even come close to.

thx for sharing brother

Comment

Tag

Comment

enjoyed that

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                      "Boss" is good people and I've known Speedy a looooong time. He's even built a few rifles for me over the years (280 Ack Imp and a 220 Russian). Also have several friends that shot in the Houston warehouse. Shooting usually occurred between midnight and 4:00am. Some have passed and the remaining few are in their late 70's early 80's. Even under a perfectly controlled environment, the elusive 0.000" group was never shot, nor really even come close to.

thx for sharing brother
                      The meticulousness of their methods that Mr. Heger (my dad's buddy that used to shoot there a bit) would tell me about is just wild. Like how Speedy talked about how they'd walk back and forth and just hang out for hours until the air was just dead nuts right...man. I have a 6BR that I built for myself is on an old 722 action from Mr. Heger that's seen the inside of that warehouse. It had another 6BR barrel on it that came from Mr. Dietz. That one is staying in the family

Comment

Thanks for sharing, good listening while in the deer stand.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep this is a good one. Watched it not too long ago.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                            I have a 6BR that I built for myself is on an old 722 action from Mr. Heger that's seen the inside of that warehouse. It had another 6BR barrel on it that came from Mr. Dietz. That one is staying in the family
                            Mr. Howard was such a generous and amazing person. He was a pioneer in the sport of Benchrest shooting and always took the time to help others, especially newcomers.

My advice to anyone, if you know an older gentleman who is a gunsmith, shooter, hunter, or veteran. Take the time to thank them for their service and ask them a few questions. Become a sponge as they are a wealth of knowledge.

Comment

Good video. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              X