Suggestion to Moderators for Classifieds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion to Moderators for Classifieds

I strongly believe that, in order to start a thread in the Classifieds, a member must be required to read an account agreement, similar to what we must read (every word) and agree to for many websites, and they should be REQUIRED to sign an OATH that they will close the thread after the item is sold. I get so mad when I waste my precious time reading pages about an item that I may (or may not) want, only to find on the last post (sometimes several pages later) that the item was sold. Often, they don't even say it is sold. That creates even more waste of my precious time sending them a message and waiting for a reply, which nmay be days or weeks or months later for some of our occasional posters who ONLY post on the Classifieds.

If sellers don't comply, they should be banned forever.

PS - I think I just pooped my pants again....oh crap

Sorry about that. I apologize. Closed the thread.

Got your PMs....and totally agree. I should have closed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      I strongly believe that, in order to start a thread in the Classifieds, a member must be required to read an account agreement, similar to what we must read (every word) and agree to for many websites, and they should be REQUIRED to sign an OATH that they will close the thread after the item is sold. I get so mad when I waste my precious time reading pages about an item that I may (or may not) want, only to find on the last post (sometimes several pages later) that the item was sold. Often, they don't even say it is sold. That creates even more waste of my precious time sending them a message and waiting for a reply, which nmay be days or weeks or months later for some of our occasional posters who ONLY post on the Classifieds.

Dang, somebody's grumpy today. I don't even know how to close a thread. I put SOLD and usually not many comment prior to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...3#post15186713
        That is too funny. Undergarments....hilarious.....

Comment

I will ban them for you sir. Sorry to hear about the pants issue...

Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

If your time is worth say $50-$100 an hour just use Amazon to solve your issues. I think you will come out ahead. Although you will miss out on the total surprise of things showing up weeks later that you had forgotten about ordering/buying.

Comment

You dudes (well, some of you) are funny! You think I am joshing, but I seriosly get all funked about this kind of stuff! I don't have many minutes left on this earth, and every one of them is precious!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...3#post15186713

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I figured it bothered you after the post where you told me to close a thread I had open. I didn’t even realize it was an option until you told me.

Comment

Here here, Mr. Randy, sir!

Comment

Last edited by Txsurveyor2014; 11-17-2021, 01:31 PM.

Comment

A smart person checks the last post on the thread and works backwards. Was it a toaster or some well worn tires that you missed out on? I think that the classifieds should be renamed the Garage Sale.

Comment

What this guy said!!!!!!

Well except for the pooping part.

Comment

Does the user have the option to close their own thread? That would be helpful. Then there are no comments to bring it back to the top and bury legit threads.

Comment

Grumpy ol fart you

Comment

Working...
                              X