Academy Sports & Outdoors IPO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Academy Sports & Outdoors IPO

Academy is set to debut on the Nasdaq at some point today. Ticker symbol ASO.
    What do y’all think? I know brick and mortar big box is tricky right now.
    Price is set at $13. Seems cheap.
    Last edited by captainsling; 10-02-2020, 08:55 AM.

In for this one!

Comment

That's about the same price as Sportsman Warehouse. I bought 38 shares at 13.55 it is at 15.12 I am hoping a bump as Christmas shopping begins and the election gets over.

Comment

I don't know. It's an interesting play. The way they have been expanding their brick and mortar stores makes me think they probably have some large debt numbers.

Academy has been way behind the 8 ball with their online presence. They say online sales rose ~400% in the 1st 1/4, so that's a good sign.

I will watch it and might dabble a little if drops below $10.

Comment

Need to know how many shares to determine whether $13 is cheap or expensive.

Comment

Need more info to actually determine, but I like to buy based on what I use and the model they have for customers. I shop Academy.

Comment

15,625,000 shares

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                I don't know. It's an interesting play. The way they have been expanding their brick and mortar stores makes me think they probably have some large debt numbers.

Academy has been way behind the 8 ball with their online presence. They say online sales rose ~400% in the 1st 1/4, so that's a good sign.

I will watch it and might dabble a little if drops below $10.
                They have 1.4 Billion in debt. They incurred that when KKR bought them in 2012 and rolled the purchase into the company. They have already made more this year as of August than they did in 2019.

Comment

The IPO was for 15.6 million shares which is a fairly small percentage of the total outstanding shares. The expected range was $15-17 but it came in below that @$13/share which means demand was low. Tough environment to get investors excited about retail I guess. They are only raising about $204 million - at that price the entire company is worth about $1 billion .
                  First trade just went through at $12.54 down .69

Comment

Picked up some shares at 12.10. We will see.

Comment

I just got some also. Can't do any worst than some of my other pics lately.

Comment

tag

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                          They have 1.4 Billion in debt. They incurred that when KKR bought them in 2012 and rolled the purchase into the company. They have already made more this year as of August than they did in 2019.
                          Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          The IPO was for 15.6 million shares which is a fairly small percentage of the total outstanding shares. The expected range was $15-17 but it came in below that @$13/share which means demand was low. Tough environment to get investors excited about retail I guess. They are only raising about $204 million - at that price the entire company is worth about $1 billion .
                          First trade just went through at $12.54 down .69
                          You guys break out the crystal ball and make a prediction. What is the best a guy could hope for here? Buy and hold 10 years or buy and sell next year if the election results lean conservative? Whatcha think? What's the highest price it could reach?

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                            You guys break out the crystal ball and make a prediction. What is the best a guy could hope for here? Buy and hold 10 years or buy and sell next year if the election results lean conservative? Whatcha think? What's the highest price it could reach?
                            The market is now affected by liberal or conservative. Never has been. Long term that is.

But I don't ever rarely buy stocks for a quick flip. I may buy some, with long term thoughts and bc I like them and think they run a good business and will keep expanding

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                              I am not going to predict the future but after being with the company over 25 years before all the layoffs came, I will not hold it through the first earnings call.

Comment

Working...
                              X