Laguna Atascosa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeedmoreOutdoor View Post
    For everyone that has used a bike for this hunt, what type of tire liners are you all using? I’m planning on using slime tubes but I have read here on TBH, that it will not be enough due to the thorns. Just trying to do some last minute preparation for my hunt this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I used the regular slime tubes plus extra slime in my tires last year. They lasted all 5 days plus another 40 miles or so of scouting around the refuge. I would just check them and put air if needed in the morning. Had a bunch of thorns in them. Just didn’t pull them out.

Comment

All checked in at Port Isla Inn. Anyone else here? When I checked in I head to my room and when I opened the door a large black man sat up in the bed. I apologized and he didnt seem to mind. Told the guy in the office that he gave me the wrong room and he corrected it. First time for everything.

Comment

I will be checking in their tomorrow night.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Would have been a dream for some, a nightmare for others lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
            All checked in at Port Isla Inn. Anyone else here? When I checked in I head to my room and when I opened the door a large black man sat up in the bed. I apologized and he didnt seem to mind. Told the guy in the office that he gave me the wrong room and he corrected it. First time for everything.
            Man that is funny! My mind went directly to the meme with the big black guy sitting on the side of the bed with the rather large appendage exposed hahaha.

Good luck on your hunt man. Hope you sling an arrow or two

Comment

Loaded and ready to roll after work Thursday.
              Attached Files

Comment

Only room left at Port Isla Inn was a 2 bedroom suite, check!
                It's more official, I'm coming!

Comment

Anybody on here lose a dampener off their bow in the last couple hunts?

Let me know and I’ll send it back to you.

Comment

Man it’s so good to be back out here!!

Have had an eventful morning of scouting so far. Was late getting in so I was a little behind this am but peddled away from the truck at 8am. Using the scout day to Check out an area I haven’t seen before.

Right at 9 am I stumbled into a fairly large group of Nilgai cows and calves. I laid the bike down and snuck into ~ 120 yards. Hard to say how many as they were moving in and out of the brush but probably 7-10 of them. Those calves/yearlings sure are fun to watch playing grab-*** with each other. I Watched the group for 30-45 min hoping to spot a bull hanging around but never did, so I backed out without disturbing them.

(Sorry for the poor picture quality)

When I made it the 100 yards or so back to my bike I stood it up, spun it around 180 to head back from where I came in from and then BAM - a GREAT bull bumped from about 60-80 yards! Just as I was starting to think I was such a good hunter I got brought back to reality. He was just suspicious of me at first, but then he got downwind of me and proceeded to exit the entire country. [emoji30]

uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201203/c648e0cbda6e0d8316a6bad349042c29.png[/IMG]

So, I licked my wounds for a bit, got of the bike a little and was able to find two cow Nilgai about an hour later. They were at 85 yards. Might be a good spot to come back to in a day or so.

Back on the bike again now to more new country. I’ve gotten 8 miles in this morning and I’m hoping to cover a lot more before dark falls! Good luck to all the TBH guys out here!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                      Only room left at Port Isla Inn was a 2 bedroom suite, check!
                      It's more official, I'm coming!
                      They are all two bedroom suites here.

Comment

That’s awesome following for positive vibes for all you hunters. Good luck out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3 hours of sleep, check.
                          Now off to the gate wait!

Comment

Dang, don't be dosing off in that tripod. Good luck!

Comment

Good luck everyone!

Comment

Was #5 in line .4 trucks went all the way to unit 5. Watched 5 bikes ride to horse island so far.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X