SA thievery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    I keep nothing in my truck. That did not stop a thug with his fake paper plate from breaking into mine while at work. Had a very nice leatherman and some work gloves. Neither were taken.

I wish Texas would do away with paper plates and put real plates on cars from the dealership like WI does. The one time I had no tag in WI, I was pulled over twice on the way home, because of that.
    You can get paper plates on FB for 60$ in pasadena.

The paper plates have gotten out of control. Go into any low income apartment complex in houston and I bet 50% have paper plates.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      Just Bass Pro? Or every retailer, restaurant and business that has parking available?
      We are talking about a certain area in San Antonio called "The Rim". It is plagued with theft and the magnet seems to be the two acre parking lot at Bass Pro. They have tried to address the issue with security, so Bass Pro knows and made a half azzed attempt with a local security company. I am sure it affects their bottom line with repeat customers and it is a very well known issue for the past few years.

I cant blame law enforcement for the problem with this issue, it is our responsibility to keep things out of sight when we park. It is a totally different world than it was 10 years ago. I started a bad habit of leaving my carry gun in my center console when going to a 51% place. I broke myself of that after I thought about what my gun could do if it was stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
        The paper plates have gotten out of control. Go into any low income apartment complex in houston and I bet 50% have paper plates.
        In the states defense who could have ever possibly predicted that paper plates would get abused?

Comment

Drugs.

Comment

Nothing worse than a thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
              The Rim in San Antonio is a hot bed for theft and has been for quite a few years now. I have all but quit going to San Antonio for anything, even to dine out.
              Yep. I avoid BP & the Rim at all costs during this time of year. Sucks that we have to think like that but I also learned that lesson the hard way

Comment

I've been in the insurance business in North Texas for 38 years. The majority of the vehicle burglaries, and car thefts I've seen with my clients, came when they went to San Antonio! It's the worst!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                  Nothing will ever change unless we get serious with punishment again. The sorry crooks ain't scared. Hang a few and I bet some would think. The others , rope is cheap and reusable.
                  Cut a few offenders hands off on the courthouse steps and it'd slow it down I bet. Second time they were caught in the act make them tie the noose with their good hand....

Comment

They probably watch them the whole time. Watch them put the bags in the vehicle then walk back in. Bet they smash and grabbed seconds after they walked in the door.

Comment

Originally posted by jamenefee View Post
                      Nothing worse than a thief.
                      Murdering horse theefs.

--Agustus McCrae

Comment

Yea, got a Home Depot gift card at Kroger (for the fuel points) and someone tampered with the pin number and took the $300 I had on it. Everything looked legit until I scratched off the pin area and the last two pin numbers where damage, by the time I was able to figure out the pin number the money was gone.

Took a few weeks but Home Depot gave me a new card with $300 on it. Looked up gift card scams on the net and this is one of them. They say always grab the gift card in the middle of the stack, bad guy's put the scam gift cards on the front.

Comment

I live in E Tx, Elkhart. Night before last the POS thieves hit me, 2012 Chevy truck was in the driveway up close to the house, they took all 4 tires and wheels, left a bottle jack holding it up on one side, 2 wooden blocks under hubs on other side, the back seat was full of Christmas presents they didn't touch....now I'm fighting with the Ins Co trying to get it back on the road.

Comment

The rim area is definitely the thieves choice location, followed the money to that area
                            And security is weak

Comment

Sorry to hear that their vehicle was broken into at Pappadeaux's. That's near my house and really sucks.

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              At some point Bass Pro needs to be held accountable for some of this, they seem to be the magnet that attracts this stuff.
                              ^^ This is really laughable if you know anything about Bass Pro Shop's internal stance on security (even though they hold no actual responsibility for the OP's original comment). I worked there (that specific store at The Rim) for 3 months in between jobs (lay-offs) in 2011.

I worked in the Camping Dept. where they have all the sleeping bags hanging on display. Everyday I would find empty knife packages and other assorted empty packages in the sleeping bag display from previous shifts.

I asked my Dept. Manager what to do if I saw anybody stealing merchandise and he said contact a Store Manager. So, I asked one of the Store Managers what the protocol was in that situation. The guy was brutally honest and said that based on (then) current company policy, the only thing they were allowed to do was follow the offender out of the store and to try and shame them into returning the merchandise! They weren't even allowed to touch the person. It was all based on one incident at a BPS store somewhere where a thief was tackled while trying to run out of the store with knives, ammo, and some clothes (all visible in his hands). BPS was sued for assault by the thief for a broken arm, even though he spent time for the offense! BPS caved...

Comment

Once a year for the past 23 years ive stayed at the dive hotel next to Lulus bakery on N Main Ave while on our annual hunting trip to San Antonio. Never once had an issue. Not sure if it's in a bad area or not but it sure looks shady. Maybe ive just been lucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X