No announcement yet.

Can QuestionS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for all the questions and I appreciate the detailed and informative answers.
    I’m almost sure I’m getting a Nomad.
    Now,

Single Shot ($24.99) or Traditional ($129.95) gun Trust?
    And the reason for your suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
      Sorry for all the questions and I appreciate the detailed and informative answers.

I’m almost sure I’m getting a Nomad.

Now,

Single Shot ($24.99) or Traditional ($129.95) gun Trust?

And the reason for your suggestion.

Wasn’t this already answered above multiple times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Guntrustguru.com ( AKA Jim Willi) is $59.99 for a trust right now. GTG is backed and founded by Jim, who is arguably one of the best NFA lawyers around currently. It’s not a single shot trust, and he’s extremely helpful. I can explain it to you in depth, but it would require more time and beer than I currently have.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          Guntrustguru.com ( AKA Jim Willi) is $59.99 for a trust right now. GTG is backed and founded by Jim, who is arguably one of the best NFA lawyers around currently. It’s not a single shot trust, and he’s extremely helpful. I can explain it to you in depth, but it would require more time and beer than I currently have.
          I called him this morning and he wanted $300.
          I looked at the gun trust guru website and it’s $80 which is a good price, but being the first time, I’m afraid of making a mistake or do something wrong on it. It seems super simple though...

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
            I called him this morning and he wanted $300.
            I looked at the gun trust guru website and it’s $80 which is a good price, but being the first time, I’m afraid of making a mistake or do something wrong on it. It seems super simple though...
            Yes sir for Jim himself to do it you’ll pay $300. The GTG site is his, and will be backed by him. It’s just a plug and play format which he’s designed for ease of use and to make things simpler and cheaper.

Comment

rabbit hole�� silencer shop makes trusts super easy they keep all your info so when you buy your second can (and you will) its a cinch he better consider bolt gun or semi auto use semi auto use—- save yourself the asspain buy a OSS helix soooooo much cleaner

Comment

NFA purchases are not the place to take shortcuts. If something isn’t done right you are talking federal jail time felony up to 10 years and $250k. Plus you have an actual lawyer that can represent you if needed that is versed in the law.

Don’t take shortcuts. It’s not worth it.

Comment

I make my own do form 1 , if you can find local machine shop they can make it as well just not a hole all the way through . " kits are being sold now as well for this very reason .' Tons of testing on brands etc Sub sonic ammo is not loud at all normal ammo in the 6.5 is pretty loud still but no hearing protection needed . Can on /off point of impact tends to move . Testing both mono vs K cup its a toss up on DB rating . To me I can build one that I have run over 3000 rounds though on the 5.56 works very well and cost me very little . BUT I own a lathe and well its my day job to machine parts so much easier for me .
                  The kits are getting much cheaper and I have tested a few and I have to say very impressive .
                  Far better than the mag light kits of years ago .

CNC tubing threaded many options one of the bigger names is selling kits now as well so go figure its not a huge deal . good luck

Comment

Yes sir for Jim himself to do it you’ll pay $300. The GTG site is his, and will be backed by him. It’s just a plug and play format which he’s designed for ease of use and to make things simpler and cheaper.
                    sooo.... it's like a SS single shot?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                      sooo.... it's like a SS single shot?
                      Except for the important aspect that it’s not a single time use, as well as backed by Jim

Comment

Except for the important aspect that it’s not a single time use, as well as backed by Jim

Comment

no one has mentioned how completely dirty the above mentioned cans are if they’re going on a bolt gun, great if they’re going on a DI gun oss helix unless you Love cleaning you’re gun everybody shots!

Comment

Originally posted by okiepighunter View Post
                            no one has mentioned how completely dirty the above mentioned cans are if they’re going on a bolt gun, great if they’re going on a DI gun oss helix unless you Love cleaning you’re gun everybody shots!
                            Sounds like you got sold a bill of goods.

I guess I’ll touch a bit more in depth on this. I can’t for the life of me wonder why someone would think a can is dirtier on a bolt gun than a gas gun. I’ve been a shooting suppressed for over 9 years, with all makes and models of suppressors and firearms. I’ve demoed more combinations that are unobtainable to the common man as well as have owned many. I’ve shot long range suppressed with many different combinations (bolt gun primarily 95%) for the past 8 years. Never once have I seen an instance of bolt guns being dirtier than gas guns when suppressed.

As for cleaning you’d have to either be OCD as heck, or believed someone that told you differently. I thermal hunt a lot at night during May-June. I don’t clean any of my rifles during that season, and it’s not out of the ordinary to fire 100+ rounds per night. I clean my bolt guns only when accuracy degrades, and that’s far far far more than every outting. More like every 25+ outings.

The only time I’ve had any experience with the OSS suppressors was when I helped my brother in law host a major suppressor shoot in 2014. OSS was there with a booth, and I ran a few different rifles of theirs at that time. They lacked gas blow back compared to the rest, but that was the only thing impressive about them. I’ve heard they’ve made leaps and strides since then, but they were that far back I haven’t shown them any attention since. They very well can be a top contender now, but the gas and dirty part of the equation is so minor that I don’t see the need.
                            Last edited by TX03RUBI; 12-04-2020, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Sounds like you got sold a bill of goods.

I guess I’ll touch a bit more in depth on this. I can’t for the life of me wonder why someone would think a can is dirtier on a bolt gun than a gas gun. I’ve been a shooting suppressed for over 9 years, with all makes and models of suppressors and firearms. I’ve demoed more combinations that are unobtainable to the common man as well as have owned many. I’ve shot long range suppressed with many different combinations (bolt gun primarily 95%) for the past 8 years. Never once have I seen an instance of bolt guns being dirtier than gas guns when suppressed.

As for cleaning you’d have to either be OCD as heck, or believed someone that told you differently. I thermal hunt a lot at night during May-June. I don’t clean any of my rifles during that season, and it’s not out of the ordinary to fire 100+ rounds per night. I clean my bolt guns only when accuracy degrades, and that’s far far far more than every outting. More like every 25+ outings.

The only time I’ve had any experience with the OSS suppressors was when I helped my brother in law host a major suppressor shoot in 2014. OSS was there with a booth, and I ran a few different rifles of theirs at that time. They lacked gas blow back compared to the rest, but that was the only thing impressive about them. I’ve heard they’ve made leaps and strides since then, but they were that far back I haven’t shown them any attention since. They very well can be a top contender now, but the gas and dirty part of the equation is so minor that I don’t see the need.

I think he’s saying that the OSS cans are less dirty on gas guns which is supposedly their big selling point due to less back pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                I think he’s saying that the OSS cans are less dirty on gas guns which is supposedly their big selling point due to less back pressure.

Ah in that case I’m an idiot. Well I’m probably an idiot regardless, but that was a misunderstanding on my part. They definitely do have less blowback, which is less carbon buildup etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X