dove hunt-2020 a bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tx10pt View Post
    First day I couldn't hit anything with my 12 ga pump. Second day I shot my single shot 20 and was shooting good. I hunted a few more times with my 20. Went earlier this week shot better with my 12 but still not good.
    I limited with a 410 Monday morning and Tuesday with my 12 you woulda thought it was my first dove hunt It happens

Comment

Shot 23 tonight between myself and my FIL and we shot WAY to many shells. I normally do ok probably shot 100 shells to get my limit.

Comment

Yup totally agree with the guys above..tape or chap stic your lesser dominant eye. Shot competitively in high school..taught by the best..had this problem and fixed it right up

Comment

thank you fellas for the replies.. I appreciate and value and trust it from this site... looks like i'll be using the tape method over my left eye's lenses. after looking into the tape trick, and running by a fried who comes from a skeet shooting family, this is my best option..

I was embarrassing myself out there!!!! my wife was out-shooting me!!

Comment

locknload, thanks for the offer.. if the tape doesn't work out, I hope it still stands!!

Comment

At the beginning of the season I couldn’t hit a bird to save my life. I would do better with my 12ga Citori, but with my Remmy 870 and 1100 I down right stunk. I think between those two Remmys I went 80+ shells to 4 birds. But with my Citori I was 1 for 4 regularly and I couldn’t figure out why. Yesterday I decided to give my Remmy 1100 one more chance. I started 0 for 4 and I realized what I was doing wrong. It was sooo obvious to me now. I was flinching just before I fired causing me to miss. After I caught myself, I concentrated on the shot more and verbally reminded myself to follow thru with the shot. I ended up connecting on 10 for 25 after that. I whole time it was me flinching similar to target panic in archery. Not saying that’s what you have, but worth a look. God bless
              Last edited by joel45acp; 09-19-2020, 10:26 AM.

Comment

TPWD did a survey several years ago on dove hunting accuracy. The average hunter gets 1 bird per box of 25 shells. So don't feel too bad.

Comment

Working...
                X