Velocity 3lb or Geissele 2 stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Velocity 3lb or Geissele 2 stage

finally getting around to a trigger upgrade. Is there any advantage of having a 2 stage over a single? seems to me the dual would seem like a long pull.

i absolutely love me Geissele 2 stage. but, i don't a lot of rapid fire shooting.

Comment

I'm not an expert by any means but to me personally I feel like 2 stage triggers are mostly used in precision shooting, it's really not all that long of a pull depending on the manufacturer you buy from.

That being said, I dont have a two stage trigger on any of my rifles except for 2 savages with the accu-trigger.

My main AR has the drop in 3.5 flat trigger from POF and I absolutely love it. My "precision" AR has the geissele 2/2 2 stage in it. I love both but of the two I think I like my single stage more

Comment

never messed with the 2 stage but i took off my geiselle 3g and replaced it with the velocity. love it

Comment

Love my velocity

Comment

I have two Geissele Match triggers, don't remember the model number, Geissele makes a lot of different triggers. I bought two of the same part number adjustable match triggers. They are some very nice triggers. I have one other brand of trigger, don't remember what it is, but it is surprisingly nice trigger.
            I have tried most of the CMC triggers, they make two or three nice triggers, one in particular, that I don't remember what it was called was a very nice trigger. There was a guy set up at multiple gun shows that had many CMC demos. One of the ones he had as a **** nice trigger. I have also tried a trigger called The Gold Trigger or something along those lines, it was a very nice trigger.
            Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 12-07-2018, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
              I have two Geissele Match triggers, don't remember the model number, Geissele makes a lot of different triggers. I bought two of the same part number adjustable match triggers. They are some very nice triggers. I have one other brand of trigger, don't remember what it is, but it is surprisingly nice trigger.
              I have tried most of the CMC triggers, they make two or three nice triggers, one in particular, that I don't remember what it was called was a very nice trigger. There was a guy set up at multiple gun shows that had many CMC demos. One of the ones he had as a **** nice trigger. I have also tried a trigger called The Gold Trigger or something along those lines, it was a very nice trigger.
              Are you trying to see how many times you can say trigger in one post? Lol

Never even heard of velocity. But geiselle is top notch.

Comment

I like and use the Geissele two stage triggers. It helps me by keeping my focus on the shot and my breathing. Also if we get into a bunch of hogs and just start blasting I don’t even notice the two stage pull.

Comment

Are these triggers going in an AR platform? The Larue MBT 2 stage is as good as I have felt and 1/2 the price or better.

Comment

Checkout Larue MBT Trigger , on sale now thru Xmas for $87.00 great trigger and can’t be beat at this price!
                    I like it better than my Geissele, and for a lot better price too!

Comment

Trigger

My thoughts on single stage vs two stage triggers.
                      If i am building a long range target rifle then two stage is better. You can have super light trigger pull with the added safety of having the pre-travel before then the break at the back wall of first stage.
                      If I am building a competition style , pig shooting rifle ect... where I want fast shooting easy double-taps ect. I like the single stage trigger.

I've got a velocity 3# trigger in this 18" barrel mid length gas, Frankenstein build I did last year. Love the trigger. Every part down to the pins and springs in this rifle was hand selected and purchased separately.

The price on that 2 stage larue trigger posted above seems like an excellent deal, I will suggest it to may son, he is starting a list to build a 6.5 Creedmoor

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 000 Buck View Post
                        Checkout Larue MBT Trigger , on sale now thru Xmas for $87.00 great trigger and can’t be beat at this price!

I like it better than my Geissele, and for a lot better price too!

I put this in our AR and it’s very nice. For the price imo I don’t think you can beat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          Are these triggers going in an AR platform? The Larue MBT 2 stage is as good as I have felt and 1/2 the price or better.
                          Yes sir. DPMS Oracle .308

Comment

thanks for the info on the Larue guys. I am very happy with it. Shot 1" group at 200yds on Saturday in those crazy winds

Comment

Geissele SSA or SSA-E

Comment

Working...
                              X