MLD - New proposed fees for MLD properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    MLD is not about selling hunts, it's about land management and bettering wildlife on ranches. Most people think MLD is about deer but it's a lot more than that. It's about any wildlife and/or plant life.
    Exactly

Comment

I was wondering when a thread on this would get started. I'm like most on here. I don't agree with the fee. We've been on MLD for over 15 years and have not seen a biologist since the 2nd year... not complaining, don't need their help. But don't try to justify a fee with a resource I don't use. We don't lease our property so we fill all the tags ourselves. Like others have stated, I am surprised a fee hasn't been imposed a long time ago for the program....

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
        Honestly they should allow hunting season to start September 1st on MLD land and stop it At the end of January. Folks would sell a lot more hunts in September for a chance to shoot a velvet buck then a busted up run down buck in February in my opinion.
        I do like that !

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
          MLD is not about selling hunts, it's about land management and bettering wildlife on ranches. Most people think MLD is about deer but it's a lot more than that. It's about any wildlife and/or plant life.

Exactly
          Well, the "D" does stand for "Deer"

Comment

Originally posted by rgb View Post
            One could argue that those who complain they never see their biologist are illustrating the point that the existing crew of bioloigists are stretched too thin!
            That's one viewpoint. Or it could be an enormously inefficient system that could be audited and revamped. I'm betting there are several redundant jobs in the department. Like when Michael and Jim were co-managers at Dunder-Mifflin. Two people doing half a job. But government isn't about efficiency.

Comment

"side note - I never understood why they allow MLD to hunt after Jan. after antlers started falling off.[/QUOTE]"

Our deer don't start dropping until late March.
              Last edited by Double-Drop; 12-12-2019, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Post you openions in the public comments, mine are against but that is despite what the print i have never received any guidance or assistance, and the landowner already does most of the data entry. The biologist in our county already forced all harvest option participants to join a coop where we have to pay yearly dues or they were removed from the program. What gets even more painful if you have multiple small properties that are not contiguous then you pay for each. In ~14 years never even had a biologist come out to a property.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  Then charge a fee for using a state biologist. Why should those who don’t use one have to pay?
                  Nailed it!

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                    IMHO, there should be a fee. The people who utilize these biologists time should pay for it. And I'm one of those people.
                    Kind of what I was thinking

Comment

I am against the fee. If you need or want input from the biologist then you should pay a fee. Pretty simple. If you opt out of help then you shouldnt have to pay.

Comment

Beyond the biologist don't you also get an expanded season? What is the value of that?

-john

Comment

Working...
                        X