This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcmuzzy View Post
    What the he77 is wrong with people?? This used to be a decent site, what’s up with all the criticism on this subject of a guy who shot a deer and tried valiantly to find him.

Seems to be getting worse every year... seriously, check the dates these jerks joined the site.

Comment

Originally posted by flufster View Post
      I’ve only taken one. From a ground blind at 12 yards on a bang bang play. It was the most gruesome thing I’ve ever watched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya but dead is dead!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bb187 View Post

I have not heard how many deer were taken?
        Doesn't sound like many... which is not unusual for seg C though.

Comment

I ask how many deer were harvested this year from hagerman because two things seem to be consistent from my knowledge. Less deer taken each year.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
            Have you ever lost an animal because of a bad shot? Why do you continue to bash someone, I just don’t get that
            No, but I’ve lost one from taking a good shot. Good shots can go bad for anyone, bad shots just go bad. When good shots go bad, that’s when we tell each other it happens to all of us at some point. When you make a bad shot and it goes bad, you need to be told so. Don’t want to face the music for taking a frontal shot and wounding a deer, don’t do it and post about it online

Comment

Have you ever lost an animal because of a bad shot? Why do you continue to bash someone, I just don’t get that
              Same here! Every single person reading this thread knows your opinion. Be done with the bashing.

This whole ordeal is perfect example of why some of the long time guys quit posting.

Comment

I ask how many deer were harvested this year from hagerman because two things seem to be consistent from my knowledge. Less deer taken each year.
                How have your deer numbers been the past couple years-increase or decrease?

Comment

At some point I would love to hear how the hunts have effected your hunting and how do you feel about TPWD taking over the draw next year?
                  I'll be real interested to see with the crossbows next year if the harvest rate goes up or not and if there are fewer or more lost deer. seems that on lots of the public land that was archery only that started allowing them in 2009 I see fewer deer so I could assume the harvest rate went up but not sure, but I also think there are fewer wounded deer with them but again not for sure, they could be taking longer shots with them and wounding the same amount or more.

Comment

There were a lot harvested in the first segment, the most in a segment in a long time but weather lined up. And listening to the "dock talk" at check in there were bunch wounded and not found as well.

Comment

I'm not positive but I think 3 deer on Fri ,none on sat . I don't know about today but with the swirling 20 mph wind I would guess not many if any.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
                        I'm not positive but I think 3 deer on Fri ,none on sat . I don't know about today but with the swirling 20 mph wind I would guess not many if any.
                        I thought for sure you would get one but I think the hunt ended one day to early-the front tomorrow night could have them moving all day

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                          I'll be real interested to see with the crossbows next year if the harvest rate goes up or not and if there are fewer or more lost deer. seems that on lots of the public land that was archery only that started allowing them in 2009 I see fewer deer so I could assume the harvest rate went up but not sure, but I also think there are fewer wounded deer with them but again not for sure, they could be taking longer shots with them and wounding the same amount or more.
                          Are they allowing crossbows next year? I know Grayson county allows them in the general season but I didn't know Hagerman was allowing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
                            Are they allowing crossbows next year? I know Grayson county allows them in the general season but I didn't know Hagerman was allowing it.
                            Yep, TPWD is strong arming it since it is state regs and they are taking over the draw and all the hagerman segments take place during general season.

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                              Seems to be getting worse every year... seriously, check the dates these jerks joined the site.
                              It's growing pains more people on the forum = more jerks. It was nice in the early 2000's before the famous crash it was much smaller and more fun there seemed to be something funny or helpful posted everyday now most of those people don't even post anymore or not near as much.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                                Same here! Every single person reading this thread knows your opinion. Be done with the bashing.

This whole ordeal is perfect example of why some of the long time guys quit posting.
                                So... nobody is making you or anyone else read what I have to say. Keep coddling those that screw up...

Comment

Working...
                                X