X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that's a nice bull.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Guys, fresh Elk hart and onions is the BOMB!!

Comment

Originally posted by twdjr View Post
        Heck yeah, Congrats! Really nice mass.

My buddy shot a bull a few days ago and I’ve passed on 3 different 5x5’s from 15-40 yards. Still have another 5 days.
        Heck yea ! Congrats man

Comment

What a great bull, bboswell! Serious mass!

I killed this small 6x6 Thursday evening.

Comment

Got my bull Wednesday morning. Incredible hunt and very rewarding to get it done on public land and solo. Fought some bad rain and way too many guides that think they own the national forest. He cane in bugling and have me a 30 yard quartering too shot and I hammered him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Will post pics later.

Comment

Just wasted 7 days in NE Idaho bowhunting elk. I had heard that they dont bugle here but didn't believe it. Tried 2 different units and covered lots of ground. I heard one bugle, and I don't even know if it was an elk or another hunter. Every other hunter and hiker I encountered said they hadn't heard any at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    I killed this small 6x6 Thursday evening.
                    Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
                      Got my bull Wednesday morning. Incredible hunt and very rewarding to get it done on public land and solo. Fought some bad rain and way too many guides that think they own the national forest. He cane in bugling and have me a 30 yard quartering too shot and I hammered him.
                      Way to go, Congrats!

Comment

I ended up shooting a small 6x6. Passed on 3 different 5x5's. Was in close on nice 6x6 herd bull, but he never presented a shot. We was running all over the place ****** off because there were 2 other herd bulls nearby. I was 25 yards from some of his cows and couldn't sneak in any closer and he wouldn't loop around to my side. A few times I wasn't sure if I was fixing to get plowed over the way he was running around crashing trough the brush breaking stuff.

My buddy shot one about same size. I was calling for him and the herd bull almost came into his window but turned a last moment toward his cows. My buddy could see him good at about 30 yards but no shot opportunity. While I was calling the smaller bull came into his lane. I couldn't see what was going on because I had dropped down below him to try to draw the bull out. I heard the shot hit and thought he shot the herd bull until about a minute later the herd bull bugled again.

Fun times were had.

Comment

Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
                          Just wasted 7 days in NE Idaho bowhunting elk. I had heard that they dont bugle here but didn't believe it. Tried 2 different units and covered lots of ground. I heard one bugle, and I don't even know if it was an elk or another hunter. Every other hunter and hiker I encountered said they hadn't heard any at all.

Just left central Idaho. It was like a sheep hunt. 7 of the 9 days it either rained, snowed or sleeted and the entire range was constantly fogged in. The two days that it cleared a bit we got into bugling bulls, one of which was a BIG bull. We got out to a ridge and bugled. All of a sudden a bugle rips behind us about a hundred yards from where we just walked through calling. I immediately knew were in trouble cause he was slightly uphill from us and the thermals were gonna get us. He was gonna have to get to 40 before my son had a shot through the trees. About 60 yards out he busted us but not before we got a glimpse. I’m
                          gonna put him in the 340 range. My son ended up shooting a smaller bull but lost due to very poor penetration

Comment

Man you guys are killin it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                              Just got back from a 10 day hunt in NM. Hunt of a lifetime all Public DIY. 2 bulls down

Will post pictures soon
                              Sorry Guys. Busy Playing Catch up since I got Back Home

Our Views....

Home Sweat from Home

Buddies First Bull. Called into 40yrds And Shot Day Three

#1 Meat Market

Packed and Headed Off the Mountain

My Bull Shot Day 10 At 4pm The Last Day of Season. Called in and Shot at 30yrds.

2nd Meat Run

Both Of Us Killed our First Bulls This Trip.

Counting the Days Till We return.........

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                                Both Of Us Killed our First Bulls This Trip.
                                Congrats to both of you!

Comment

Working...
                                X