Feeder pen gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder pen gate

Ideas or pics etc of how yall accesss feeder pens, i hog panels in a circle with one. Of them attached with clasps instead of wire to the t post but what isn’t working is to get my truck inside i either have no midway t post or if i do its not wired to the fence…. Anyway this setup allows pigs to push it up enough to get in and out. Which is infuriating

I set two round wood posts and installed a real gate from tractor supply. So much easier to get in and out of with a truck. Pigs can’t come through it either.

Comment

Mine looks like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3 or 4 large diameter wires for hinges on one end of a panel around a t-post

Drive a 8 or 10” piece of 2” or 2 3/8” metal pipe into the ground about middle of panel on the inside side of the gate
        Put a temporary t-post in the buried pipe and temporary wire. Wire the opening end securely to t post on the other end of the fence.

Comment

Mine. Can’t drive through it but I didn’t have to set a big post and no issues with pigs. Plus, no me barbed wire scratches and ripped shorts.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by dc1986; 03-25-2023, 08:48 AM.

Comment

A cinder block as a step to step over the fence. None of our feeder pens are very tall. 3feet or so.

Comment

I don’t run a middle t post in mine. I just put a t post angled inside so they can’t push in on it. Drag it open no problem when I feed. I do drive a post outside of the pen to wire the open panel to.

Comment

They make a gate clip that will attach to a t-post

Comment

Why do y’all need a gate? Use a Piece of Romex on top and bottom of the hog panel. Been doing it for years.

Comment

Lynn21 .... what ? I'm not following you

Comment

Originally posted by Cola Blanca View Post
                      Lynn21 .... what ? I'm not following you
                      Maybe conduit? If romex, which gauge?? [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                        Why do y’all need a gate? Use a Piece of Romex on top and bottom of the hog panel. Been doing it for years.

You have a gate....your's is just a cheap version. Did you not read that he has a 16' panel that attaches with clasps (probably just like your romex), the pigs keep pushing in? His "gate" sounds like yours with wire and clasps instead of romex.

Comment

Feeder pen gate

This is what I did, 10’ gate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lafuria View Post
                            Ideas or pics etc of how yall accesss feeder pens, i hog panels in a circle with one. Of them attached with clasps instead of wire to the t post but what isn’t working is to get my truck inside i either have no midway t post or if i do its not wired to the fence…. Anyway this setup allows pigs to push it up enough to get in and out. Which is infuriating
                            Simplest and cheapest is the removable center post I described.
                            Maybe a photo of your current pen might change my response.

Comment

I cut down a panel to 10ft and use romex to just wrap around t post. Unwrap one side of romex and swing open

Comment

Working...
                              X