No announcement yet.

Chevy Diesel batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drive a Dodge and the first set of batteries that came with it new lasted 7 years!!! After that it has been about 4 years consistently. Issue is it always seems to happen in the winter and they usually don't show much sign before they die!! They work, work, work then don't!! Just had to replace 2 last week in fact. Wife was driving it and all was good, went out running errands and started, stopped multiple times, then wouldn't even crank it a full crank and were dead.......

Comment

Comment

I had that exact truck. 4 years is about normal. Also check the terminal connections. I had a bolt strip out of one and ate up the post before I realized it.

Comment

I got 7 years out of my replacement agm batteries in my Lmm.

Pony up for some odyssey batteries if you get tired of messing with dead batteries.

Comment

The last set cost just over $500. I hate when things break away from home.

I did have a bmw battery last 9 years.

Comment

Between my wife and I, we’ve owned ford, chevy, and dodge all bought new. When they hit 3 years or so the battery(s) give it up. I had a set of optima’s go 9 years once. I’m told their quality ain’t what it once was. Now a days I go buy house brand AGM batteries.

Comment

I have a 17 duramax and had to replace both of them in December

Comment

I have a 2017 Chevy Duramax and I have not replaced them yet but I know it's coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                    Dude is great.

2013 Ram 2500 - I get about 3.5 years from Interstate
                    Two batteries about $240 each

Comment

You would think Silverado batteries would last twice as long since only one headlight ever works ;-)

Comment

I have the best luck with AC Delco

But hot summers and extreme cold kills em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought new in 2018 I replaced the first set at 2.5yrs and 80k miles. Lost one battery so replaced both with AC Delco. 75k more miles and 2.5yrs on second set so figure any moment I'll be looking at replacement. So far they have been fine this winter.
                          Last edited by Notaguide; 02-01-2023, 08:45 PM.

Comment

on my duramax and powerstroke they both lasted about 3-4 years both times one batterie got low and drug the other down quick. i went with Walmart Everstart and no complaint's.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I just going to have my son replace both batteries since that seems most likely.

Comment

Extreme cold and heat, around 3-5.

Get out your check book!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X