Pellet Grill direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pellet Grill direction

I enjoy and prefer my offset wood burner. But...

Going to purchase a starter pellet grill. Want the option and additional flexibility. Plus, wife and son can use w/o intimidation.

Even Embers 28 or Pit Boss, 746 in?

Thanks.

My pit boss copperhead (vertical) is easier to get running than the traegar style camp chef I have. Id have to 'prime' the camp chef now and then.

Comment

I too love my offset smoker. Decided I wanted a pellet smoker also. I got a Reqteq 700 and love it. Push a button and it fires right up. I use their all purpose pellets and I have no ash build up. It sears burgers and steaks when cranked up to high. Food tastes great. Good luck with whatever you go with

Comment

Love my PittBoss.

Comment

I have a Green Mountain. I’ve been happy with it. Their customer support is exceptional.

Comment

Been using a Pit Boss PBV5CS. Love it! + there is an app for it, which I've found very useful on long smokes.

Comment

Have the pit boss also. Never failed me in 3 yrs now. Have cooked just about everything

Comment

I believe I am in need of a pellet grill as well and have zero knowledge of using them. How safe are they to use for example on a wooden deck or in a burn ban in Colorado? I need something safer than charcoal to use at our cabin in Colorado

Comment

after looking at all of them I went Rec Tec but it's definitely not a lower end brand, I tossed around Yoder, Rec Tec and Pitts and Spitts. Been a couple of years and has been great and holds temps perfectly.

Comment

I was given a traeger that didn't work. A new burn cup with igniter was $24. Easy to on. Easy startup. Just turn the knob.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                      I was given a traeger that didn't work. A new burn cup with igniter was $24. Easy to on. Easy startup. Just turn the knob.
                      Makes sense, I've known 2 guys give away their Traegers that didn't like them. One wouldn't keep temp up and another fluctuated to much. Dealer told first one he needed a welding blanket for it and this was a very big dealer in Weatherford or at least that direction.

Comment

The first traeger I had in North Dakota was awesome.

Bought a pit boss about three years ago, and it’s been nothing but problems.. same with the pit boss I bought for my in-laws.

Going to try Yoder when we get the coin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had 1 Oklahoma joe...rider I believe it was called, JUNK
                          I've had 2 pit boss' a pro series 1150 & a Brunswick Platinum. Better than decent but did have issues with both igniters going out and although customer service was great and got replacements to me quickly, they were a PITA TO CHANGE OUT
                          I know have the pit boss copperhead 7 vertical...AWESOMENESS

Comment

Originally posted by Treeshark View Post
                            I believe I am in need of a pellet grill as well and have zero knowledge of using them. How safe are they to use for example on a wooden deck or in a burn ban in Colorado? I need something safer than charcoal to use at our cabin in Colorado
                            I use mine all the time on my wood deck in Colorado.

Very safe and work fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
                              I use mine all the time on my wood deck in Colorado.

Very safe and work fantastic.
                              What grill do you have?

Comment

Working...
                              X