No announcement yet.

Missing 18 year POC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have talked to family and friends in area. Was told it happened right at Sanctuary. If out of gas and waiting they wouldn’t be floating in middle of ICW. They said it was on a airboat. And airboats are really only on speed it seems. Wonder if they pulled out of Sanctuary and into the side of a barge- They are hard to see at night unless you are in front of behind- or could be one of those they navigated looking at GPS which is becoming common
    Last edited by glen; 01-29-2023, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      I have talked to family and friends in area. Was told it happened right at Sanctuary. If out of gas and waiting they wouldn’t be floating in middle of ICW. They said it was on a airboat. And airboats are really only on speed it seems. Wonder if they pulled out of Sanctuary and into the side of a barge- They are hard to see at night unless you are in front of behind- or could be one of those they navigated looking at GPS which is becoming common

Those things are possible but I’m thinking if they were trying to make it back when they ran out of gas then it is possible they were floating in the middle of the ICW

Comment

Very sad deal.. Praying for a miracle that they find this young man alive..
        Attached Files

Comment

Whatever happened it is a horrible tragedy for young men that appear to been like most of us at that age

Comment

Whatever happened it is a horrible tragedy for young men that appear to been like most of us at that age
            Agree. I've been watching this closely... could have easily been anyone of us Salty guys at a young age.

Comment

More prayers sent

Comment

I work on barges several times a month . It’s amazing how quiet those big jokers move through the water . I can definitely see how someone could run into one in dark . That area is notorious for having bad sea fog . Not sure if that was a factor or not . Very tragic accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  Agree. I've been watching this closely... could have easily been anyone of us Salty guys at a young age.
                  Absolutely. I’ve had more than my share of close calls running in the dark and have always been cautious/scared doing it. Prayers continue for all involved in this tragedy.

Comment

Sad deal for sure. Praying for both boys.

Considering the other boy’s injuries it would seem a fairly significant impact was made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can tell you it is ABSOLUTELY possible to run an airboat under a barge parked along the edge of the ICW.

we did it heading to east matty one morning in the fog. To this day I don't know how we made it out from under it without the prop cage hitting it. I may have been 12 or 13 and can see the belly of that barge like it was last week

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sad deal...prayers for the family.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          I can tell you it is ABSOLUTELY possible to run an airboat under a barge parked along the edge of the ICW.

we did it heading to east matty one morning in the fog. To this day I don't know how we made it out from under it without the prop cage hitting it. I may have been 12 or 13 and can see the belly of that barge like it was last week

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                          I have had two really hairy barge experiences with an airboat on the Mississippi. It can happen so easy.

Comment

Anyone have an update? Found out this morning that he was dating the daughter to a girl I went to school with

Comment

Terrible tragedy, prayers sent

Comment

Missing 18 year POC

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                                Anyone have an update? Found out this morning that he was dating the daughter to a girl I went to school with

The only thing I have heard is they found his hat . Hearing someone brought out their helicopter to help search today . Family or friends of the family have requested people with drones to come help . Waiting on coast guard or someone else to bring in sonar .I will probably hear more tomorrow. Few co-workers knows the family.

Comment

Working...
                                X