Foaming bore cleaner ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foaming bore cleaner ?

Does any of it work as good as they claim? I don't rifle hunt much but with the suppressed 300blk, freshly threaded 308 and my target bow buck down things may change this year.

Gotta be something better than spending half my day running patches down the barrel.

Recommendations? Or keep rolling the way my 75 year old father taught me.

I like the stuff. I use wipe-out. I use Butches bore shine to get the powder fouling out. Then dry patch the barrel. Next is the wipe-out accelerator. Let it sit a few minutes. I place a large patch in the chamber to prevent the foam from getting in the action. Then comes the wipe-out foam. Let sit for 20 or so minutes and patch it out. If the final patch still has blue it gets another dose.

Comment

I've used a lot of products over the past few years, but wipe out is my go to. Butch's works great for fouling and I also follow up with that. Barnes CR-10 will pull copper in about the same time as wipe out, but you'll burn through patches since it can't sit in the barrel as long. For easy application with less actual user time and resources (patches) involved stick with the wipe out.

Comment

I like it too. Used it last week.

Comment

wipe out here minus the accelerator.

Comment

Wipe out

Comment

I use some kinda foaming cleaner. I think it's Butch's, I like it.

Comment

I may have to try the wipeout with all the positive reviews. I tried the Gunslick foaming bore cleaner and love the stuff. On REALLY dirty barrels, I've had to use several applications, as well as other products to remove all the fouling, but for a routine cleaning, the stuff is amazing and simple to use. I fill the barrel from the chamber end and let it squirt out the muzzle just a bit, let it sit between 15 and 30 minutes, then dry patches to remove it.

Comment

I like the Wipe-Out foaming bore cleaner. I foam it, let it sit 30-45 min dry patch and repeat if necessary. I haven't used it on any semi-auto rifles yet because I'm not sure how it would affect the gas system (not sure if I could get it all out of the gas tube/etc).

Comment

I use the Gunslick and it does a good job on copper fouling also.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE.A View Post
                      I like it too. Used it last week.
                      X2

Comment

I use KG products with great success!

Comment

Love the stuff. It cuts out the tedium of pushing patches through the bore over and over again. Might do two or three treatments if the bore is really dirty or copper coated. I'll finish with some Butch's Bore Shine.

LWD

Comment

Just use Wipeout. I only use it about every thousand rounds or so in my precision rifle

Comment

Sometimes it works too good on certain rifles. It'll take so much copper away you'll have to shoot them several time to get them regular again.

Comment

Working...
                              X