No announcement yet.

Your Take on Average

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are Americans and average is definitely sub par and not acceptable!

Comment

Average is like having one foot in a bucket of scalding hot water and the other foot is in freezing ice water; the average temperature is comfortable.

The term, “average” can be misleading...or even subpart if you are an average speller or have above average size typing fingers.

Comment

To be "subpar" is not "average" when it comes to golf. It means you have a well above average score, even though your score is below "par".

And when it comes to arithmetic, there are a few ways to determine "average".

Comment

Yes, Average is one of those words that can mean anything from pretty bad to excellent - the meaning & importance of the word depends completely on context.

What does it pay to be an average professional Baseball or Football player? Start a machining process and look at dimensional data - average is awesome!

And I have worked at jobs where performing better than average did Not get you anything positive - sometimes the opposite - hey, you're so good, let's give you part of that guy's work load, now it may require you to work some free OT but hey - congrats!

That kind of thing can really make you think more about being 'Average'.

Being pretty average physically, it's hard not to think how cool it would have been to be six feet tall or something. But hey on the plus side, everything made in the world today is made to fit Me! My feet never hang off the end of the bed, never been in a car or truck where the drivers seat wouldn't go back far enough, almost never bump the top of my head on low stuff, length of pull on every gun I've ever picked up felt pretty good, etc, etc.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that, once you get out of High School/College, Average just pretty much Always Works!

Comment

Working...
          X