BT Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT Release

So I have a carter attension BT release. I have learned how to use it and I can make it go off reliably and I'm not terrible with it but I am far from great. For some reason however, when I shoot with the release my shots are stringing right to left. The up and down is good but for some reason they either land to far left or too far right. The weird part is that the shots are stringing even when they feel like a good shot.

Could be number of things. One is the release position at full draw needs to be consistent. Different release position angles can torgue the Dloop causing left-right. Another is DL could be little short or long affecting left-right due to fatique and pushing too hard into bow grip or over extended and having bow fall out the side. Another is gripping the bowgrip when it should be a relaxed hand on grip. These are some of the basic things I see wrong when people try to shoot BT releases. When shooting a BT style release DL is very critical for consistency. If you could post pics of form at full draw it might help to see what we are looking at too.

Comment

I'll try to get a pic up in the next couple of days

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
        Could be number of things. One is the release position at full draw needs to be consistent. Different release position angles can torgue the Dloop causing left-right. Another is DL could be little short or long affecting left-right due to fatique and pushing too hard into bow grip or over extended and having bow fall out the side. Another is gripping the bowgrip when it should be a relaxed hand on grip. These are some of the basic things I see wrong when people try to shoot BT releases. When shooting a BT style release DL is very critical for consistency. If you could post pics of form at full draw it might help to see what we are looking at too.
        Very true. I have been in many major tournaments plus pro-ams. I hear how consistent their line was on the bales and either hit left or right on the range.
        They can't believe they are the problem. Most often it is the difference in pressure delivered to the bow when under stress.
        The above quote outlines most of the causes. When you start trying to correct it in practice you make changes with either hand that will cause different impact points yet.

Comment

Sounds to me like something that I am inducing by adding pressure more to one part of the release than the other. I'm going to focus on keeping my hand as relaxed as possible and see if this helps.

Comment

Ok having I heckuva time with this, how do you anchor with the BT release

Comment

If you shoot two or more releases you will have to have an anchor for each or change your draw length and peep height for each. How you anchor is important to allow you to have the same sight picture on every shot. It also needs to be comfortable and easy to repeat.
              Some turn the hand vertical and allow the back of the hand to be flat against the cheek at a height to allow a clean view of the peep. Some leave the hand horizontal thinking there will be less torque on the loop. It is more important for you to be able to repeat it than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by sutherpride59 View Post
                Ok having I heckuva time with this, how do you anchor with the BT release

I run the release at a 45 degree angle, any more than that and I start torquing the d-loop which causes me to miss left. You have a couple of options: 1. Learn a hand position and shoot it, one you can live with, 2. Use a longer d-loop to reduce the torque or 3. Move to a torque less d-loop.

Comment

Working...
                X