Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks copper87

Comment

The top dark paleo point was found in falls county in the brazos. The points in the display case were found in limestone, Wilson, bexar, and frio counties. The small point laying in the dirt by itself is completely translucent, made out of some kind of quartz looking material. Some were surface finds and some were found digging

Comment

Originally posted by masters75 View Post
        The top dark paleo point was found in falls county in the brazos. The points in the display case were found in limestone, Wilson, bexar, and frio counties. The small point laying in the dirt by itself is completely translucent, made out of some kind of quartz looking material. Some were surface finds and some were found digging
        No problem..very nice finds

Comment

I like the first one by Masters75. Looks to be some exceptional work and some really good material. maybe from around Georgetown or possibly sweetwater.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
            I like the first one by Masters75. Looks to be some exceptional work and some really good material. maybe from around Georgetown or possibly sweetwater.
            No sir I found it on a gravel bar in the Brazos river when I was 6-7 years old in falls county. I was perch jerkin with my cousins for my grandpa and uncles that were running yellowcat lines. I showed it to him later that afternoon and he said it was made by an old Indian from what I can remember. Knowing what I know now he probably told me it was a real old arrowhead and I misunderstood him or as a small kid just didn't understand what he was talking about. My grandpa had some real old points that I saw as a kid growing up. He took them to the temple show one year to have them looked at and came back home 13k richer. Think he sold half a dozen points or so. Being a farmer all his life and fishing the river he was always picking up points. My uncle has them now and has added a few to the collection over the years.

Comment

Does any one have a guess as to what kind the larger point point is on the right side? I picked it up in Frio County. It is made out of a pink material. I can't classify it to any known type so I am thinking it was reworked at some point. It looks like a spade.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Little Dart and Unkown.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	24235689

Comment

Is it hard to tell real from fake arrowheads?

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
                  Is it hard to tell real from fake arrowheads?
                  There are some flint knapper artist that can fool the average arrowhead collector. A good fake will fool most people. A bad fake is what I would call the stuff you find in the Indian souvenir shop in Arizona. They just don't have the quality flaking in the material.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Sendero View Post
                    Does any one have a guess as to what kind the larger point point is on the right side? I picked it up in Frio County. It is made out of a pink material. I can't classify it to any known type so I am thinking it was reworked at some point. It looks like a spade.

[ATTACH]536379[/ATTACH]
                    I think I would call it a morhiss but I am no expert

Comment

Originally posted by Big Sendero View Post
                      There are some flint knapper artist that can fool the average arrowhead collector. A good fake will fool most people. A bad fake is what I would call the stuff you find in the Indian souvenir shop in Arizona. They just don't have the quality flaking in the material.
                      The middle point on the bottom row is the one in question. I found it in a pasture but have always wondered if someone thru a fake down to trick me? Anyone have a guess if real or notClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377304522.739341.jpg
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	24235710?

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
                        The middle point on the bottom row is the one in question. I found it in a pasture but have always wondered if someone thru a fake down to trick me? Anyone have a guess if real or not[ATTACH]536410[/ATTACH]?
                        Looks like it belongs in the Lang family

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                          Looks like it belongs in the Lang family
                          What is "the Lang family"? I found it in Coleman county.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                            Fo toofs good to see you the other day and thanks again for lunch.
                            You too, Steve, my pleasure on the lunch. Maybe we'll do it again soon when Garguy hits a hot spot.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

A buddy just texted me this point from Medina County, can anyone help me identify it? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21377386246.984716.jpg
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	24235905Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21377386259.829425.jpg
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	24235907

Comment

Working...
                                X