Suppressor rating ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressor rating ??

Suppressor is rated for 300 WM, on the surface that would rule out use on 300 RUM but

What are y’all’s thoughts on shooting the RUM through this can?

Call the manufacturer to be sure, but you should be ok.

My younger brother did this shooting a 30 Nosler through one of his Sandman cans that’s rated for 300 WM. They said it would be fine and he hasn’t had any issues since doing so.

Comment

Depends on what barrel length the can is rated at for 300 WM. Ratings are based on muzzle pressure and volume. If you're using a 24"+ barrel you would probably be ok but the manufacturer would be the one to ask.

Comment

I had the same question about my Trash Panda so I called Q and talked to them. I was told that my can will handle the RUM no problem. Not sure what can you have, but as mentioned reach out to manufacture and talk to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
          Call the manufacturer to be sure, but you should be ok.

My younger brother did this shooting a 30 Nosler through one of his Sandman cans that’s rated for 300 WM. They said it would be fine and he hasn’t had any issues since doing so.

Ha that’s funny. I spoke to another manufacturer who said a 30 Nosler was too much for a 300Wm rated can. Pretty sure he didn’t know exactly what was being asked since he couldn’t answer another question I had either.

Brent definitely call the manufacturer and get it straight from the horses mouth *just in case* so you can be covered.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

If it's this close I would get it in writing.

Comment

I say email the manufacturer as then you actually have a traceable conversation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                I had the same question about my Trash Panda so I called Q and talked to them. I was told that my can will handle the RUM no problem. Not sure what can you have, but as mentioned reach out to manufacture and talk to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nomad 30 is what I want to use but also have a Sig

Comment

Comment

I think several manufacturers use 300WM because it’s more known than RUM. Glad you got a response.

Comment

Working...
                    X