Savage Trigger Replacement Ideas | Not an Accutrigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage Trigger Replacement Ideas | Not an Accutrigger

I have a Savage model 12 22-250 that I bought in 2002 that shoots 3/8” groups with off the shelf Winchester Ballistic Silvertips (that I haven’t found available anywhere in two years). It actually shoots 3 other factory loads 1/2” or just under. But you have to work really hard to get good groups because the factory trigger is so awful. It is not the accutrigger. Does anyone have an idea on a trigger that will replace it or is it as simple as a spring change?

I’ve replaced almost all my factory triggers with Timney Triggers.

Best replacement triggers available

Comment

Also Rifle Basix. https://riflebasix.com/product-category/savage-arms/

Comment

Start here, this is a write up I did when I got my son’s savage axis and wanted a better trigger solution…

Not sure if the guy is still selling these kits but they are silly cheap and easy

Comment

Rifle basix sav 1

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            Start here, this is a write up I did when I got my son’s savage axis and wanted a better trigger solution…

Not sure if the guy is still selling these kits but they are silly cheap and easy
            I remember seeing this, or a writeup like it, and modified my Axis .22-250 with the basic trigger. Itt helped a little but was leery about cutting too much of the spring so I left it alone.
            I see there is a Timney now available for the Axis, may look that route. There is also a Timney available for the Savage AccuTrigger, not sure why anyone would do that. My other Savage is a 110 with the AccuTrigger and I love it!
            Last edited by tdwinklr; 01-23-2022, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
              I remember seeing this, or a writeup like it, and modified my Axis .22-250 with the basic trigger. Itt helped a little but was leery about cutting too much of the spring so I left it alone.
              I see there is a Timney now available for the Axis, may look that route. There is also a Timney available for the Savage AccuTrigger, not sure why anyone would do that. My other Savage is a 110 with the AccuTrigger and I love it!
              The kit in my write up requires no spring trimming. It replaces the spring with one of a proper length and a bolt that it slightly longer to give more latitude. It’s simple swap, no further tailoring and made a massive difference in my son’s gun

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

Does that work the same way on a Savage Model 12?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                  Does that work the same way on a Savage Model 12?
                  That’s my question as well. This gun is 20 years old and means a lot to me. I sure don’t want to mess anything up.

Comment

Working...
                  X