Hunting Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Boots

What hunting boots, do you use on a day like today ? My feet were cold all morning.

Just having bent knees in the stand for 4 hours is going to make for cold feet. I have found that a thin moisture wicking sock first and then a thicker warmer sock helps a lot. After that I prefer a boot that’s not to bulky where I’m kicking the side of the blind a lot. 400-600 grains insulation.

Comment

wool sock with at least 70% wool blend in it... very important. my muck woody max are awesome in cold weather. a 70% wool sock makes a world of difference

Comment

Kennetrek Mountain Extreme 400 Thinsulate, with Smartwool socks. Going to pull the trigger on some Hoffman Mountain Pac boots for extra warmth.

Comment

Muck woody max. My feet don’t get cold.

Comment

A wool sock and then I use a muck boot. Not to thick a sock so that warmth can be maintained. This works for me on days like this

Comment

Good socks and muck wetlands 1/2 size big. Also quit tucking pant leg in. I’ll roll up and go over top. This increases leg circulation is my best guess.

I’ve always had the world’s coldest feet until last year. Started with this and I can sit all day now

Comment

Rocky Merino wool socks and Irish setters for me. Great combo!

Comment

I wear sneakers and take them off in the stand/blind and put on a pair of thick wool socks. Keeps my feet warm.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    I wear sneakers and take them off in the stand/blind and put on a pair of thick wool socks. Keeps my feet warm.
                    Pay close attention to words on this subject from any dude who goes by “Walker”, just sayin’.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                      Pay close attention to words on this subject from any dude who goes by “Walker”, just sayin’.
                      It's my real name! James Earl to my friends or just plain Walker

Comment

I had two pair of mucks in 5 years and the sole on both came apart. Granted I live rural now and wear them more than just the hunting season but for the price of these they should last longer imo.

Comment

I just wear my merrell hiking boot/shoes non insulated waterproof. All my set ups are .4-2 miles from camp, thin wool sock to stand, swap socks once I get there to a heavier wool sock. My feet swear like crazy and this is the only way I’ve found that keeps my feet from getting to cold to stand it.

Comment

Merino wool sockets and LLBean boots

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X