Fairfield lake sp hunt 1-5-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fairfield lake sp hunt 1-5-22

Going to Fairfield lake on Wednesday any body been there?
    It’s a doe and spike hunt hopefully I’ll get some meat in the freezer
    Any body fished the lake for catfish or carp ??

They won't let you on the lake during the hunt, its a safety issue they say

Comment

Originally posted by Swamphunterfw View Post

Hunted the hunt before. Sit as long as possible. You might have an opportunity but it's far from a certainty. Really just depends on which blind you get drawn for. I'd take a pop up blind, comfy chair, and a rest for your rifle.

I've bowfished the lake for carp. It's got a pretty good number in it. Used to have some Tilapia in it. Not sure about now. Cold weather last year might have killed them.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by andreww5001 View Post
        Hunted the hunt before. Sit as long as possible. You might have an opportunity but it's far from a certainty. Really just depends on which blind you get drawn for. I'd take a pop up blind, comfy chair, and a rest for your rifle.

I've bowfished the lake for carp. It's got a pretty good number in it. Used to have some Tilapia in it. Not sure about now. Cold weather last year might have killed them.

Low number of deer or just are not by the blinds ??
        I plan to sit all day nothing else to do , and this cold weather might get them moving

Comment

I think there were probably decent numbers of deer. I saw some. My buddy shot one. Some blinds are just placed in better travel corridors. The spots aren't pre-baited except for the youth hunts. So there may or may not be anything drawing a deer in front of you. They space blinds out for safety not effectiveness. The deer I saw were about 200 yards away through trees and I just caught a glimpse of them. Not nearly enough time to raise a gun and fire. Since they were just moving through and not coming to my area in particular I'd say this kind of sighting would be fairly common.

Comment

They just had youth hunters hunting the same blinds this past Mon - Fri. Two separate hunts. Awesome that the kids get first chance but may make the upcoming weeks hunt numbers a little lower. Still deer and pigs there but wouldn’t consider it a sure thing freezer filler hunt. But can’t shoot anything sitting at home. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Place is over run with pigs. Daughter drew there two years ago. We only saw a couple deer . She shot a sow. We probably saw 40 to 50 pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                Place is over run with pigs. Daughter drew there two years ago. We only saw a couple deer . She shot a sow. We probably saw 40 to 50 pigs.

Pork might be on the menu then

Comment

Originally posted by andreww5001 View Post

Tilapia were all dead by end of winter 2019, seen a bunch of them on the bank on the youth hunt we were on that year.

Low number of deer or just are not by the blinds ??
                  I plan to sit all day nothing else to do , and this cold weather might get them moving
                  Explosion of feral hogs has hurt the deer numbers for sure, I remember when that place was overpopulated with deer.

Comment

Dad and I drew this hunt last year. I shot one of the two does I saw and one of the 25+ pigs. Dad saw one forkhorn buck and no pigs. Both of us sat all day each day in pop-ups next to the pre-made brush blinds. Highly recommend doing that. Take your time brushing in your blind because the deer will have been shot at on the youth hunt. Don't forget shooting sticks.

Comment

My buddy just did the youth hunt there last week, only 2-3 total deer shot. They saw nothing but squirrels & heard one pig
                      Good luck

Comment

Anyone drawn enjoy after the property is sold this hunt will be gone.

Comment

Do any good?

Comment

Guess not, they say anything about the land being sold yet? Land around Gibbons creek just sold, going to be a private lake now, Monticello is quasi private now they closed the boat ramp but that can't prevent kayaks on there.
                            Last edited by bossbowman; 01-16-2022, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X