Exotic bird people! Show me off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exotic bird people! Show me off!

I was on a call last night for work and the man had a blue and gold macaw! I would share a picture but due to the nature of my work I will refrain. The bird was in a separate room and out of its large cage. The officers on scene couldn’t get the bird in the cage and we didn’t want to leave it out. Long story short the animal whisperer/ Doolittle came out of me and I was able to handle the bird, give it a few treats and get it back in its cage!

Anyways, I am now fascinated with these larger exotic birds! My wife has put her foot down and let me know that I will under no circumstances bring a bird home! So to suffice, I want to see your birds! Post ‘‘em up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some can live forever. Don't do it...

Comment

I've had large parrots before. As Johnny Dangerr said, they can live a long time. That and the fact that they are dirty and loud! They really need a lot of room to move around, but rarely get it. They are pretty to look at, but I won't get another. Sometimes you can keep them outside, but they don't do well with cold windy weather (some are worse than others in this regard). Listen to your wife.

Comment

This bird was 16 years old and the officer who is a “bird guy” said they can live to 75!!! No thanks! But it doesn’t hurt to look at them

Comment

We had an African Grey that lived 28 years

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
            I was on a call last night for work and the man had a blue and gold macaw! I would share a picture but due to the nature of my work I will refrain. The bird was in a separate room and out of its large cage. The officers on scene couldn’t get the bird in the cage and we didn’t want to leave it out. Long story short the animal whisperer/ Doolittle came out of me and I was able to handle the bird, give it a few treats and get it back in its cage!

Anyways, I am now fascinated with these larger exotic birds! My wife has put her foot down and let me know that I will under no circumstances bring a bird home! So to suffice, I want to see your birds! Post ‘‘em up!

Bring a dirty bird stripper home. Then the feathered kind won't seem as offensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
              Some can live forever. Don't do it...
              Not to mention they are full of sheite and the spigot is never off

Comment

I don't have any pics, but as a kid we had a blue and gold macaw and a yellow naped macaw. Pretty neat animals to have around.

Comment

This is about as exotic as I get in the bird world and the only ones I'd let in my house.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	00IMG_9570.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	294.9 KB
ID:	24670815

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    This is about as exotic as I get in the bird world and the only ones I'd let in my house.....

[ATTACH]1074187[/ATTACH]

That’s probably smart, Smart!

Comment

don't get ostriches. I can tell you that from experience!!!

Comment

I used to raise parrots. Had 50 pairs of 9 different breeds. A macaw of any ilk can and will destroy the interior of your house beginning with wooden furniture.

Comment

The thought of a parrot repeating everything my wife b!thches about all effing day so that I have to hear it twice makes me cringe.

Comment

Originally posted by deerdynasty View Post
                            don't get ostriches. I can tell you that from experience!!!
                            You beat me to it. I was going to say deersynasty has ostrich experience! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                              I used to raise parrots. Had 50 pairs of 9 different breeds. A macaw of any ilk can and will destroy the interior of your house beginning with wooden furniture.

The bird from last night apparently despised books and any other paper products!

Comment

Working...
                              X