Friday night lights!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flex View Post
    Looked like some great games last night! Lot of shoot outs to open district.

We pulled out a W to start district play over Thrall. 54-45. Game was not as close as the score shows. We started off in a 13-0 hole from some turnovers on O. And then gave up two scores at the end with our backups in.

My nose guard Fulton went off last night. 13 Tackles, 1 sack, 3 Blocked punts, and a Touchdown. If he doesn't get some type of recognition for that. I don't know what else he can do!

Hope everybody made it through healthy. Hearne and Holland sounded like a slugfest.
    That's a night right there! Congrats to that young man.

We roll north to Tolar Friday, should be a good game.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
      That's a night right there! Congrats to that young man.

We roll north to Tolar Friday, should be a good game.

Rwc
      Good luck. Tolar is pretty stout. That should be close to a playoff atmosphere.

Comment

Lorena took out Academy 34-17 but it didn't seem that close. Lorena controlled the LOS and rushed for close to 300yds.
        Up next, Troy pays us a visit after having their bye last week. Hoping the boys keep showing up and working hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
          Lots of good games this week with most districts starting play. We had some key guys out last week. Coupled with a slow start and by far the worst officiating I have ever seen.

We start district this week. Back to hopefully close to 100% and full speed now. Hopefully last week woke them up.
          That was definitely an exciting game to watch. Both teams played extremely hard right down to the last whistle.

I don't remember anything, officiating wise, that was that big of an issue though.

Comment

I’m at work and according to my wife, 5 minutes left in 3rd quarter, Franklin is up 63-13 over Riesel!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
              I’m at work and according to my wife, 5 minutes left in 3rd quarter, Franklin is up 63-13 over Riesel!!!
              Now it’s 69-13!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                Well, you know the playoffs will have to go thru Carthage to get to Dallas
                I am ready. Heard they have us(Franklin Lions) ranked #1 in 3A Div II. Hope those boys can live up to it. Everybody I’ve talked to said this team should be even better than last year!!
                Gunter is Ranked 2nd to Franklin and has been all year. Gunter like Franklin is a lot better this year only graduating a handful of players. Maybe we see you in Jerry World if we get past those Canadian boys. Hoping the players stay healthy.

Comment

Franklin 75
                  Riesel 13
                  Next up is Rogers in Rogers. Should be a good game!!
                  Just 10 more wins to go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bbbuck View Post
                    Gunter is Ranked 2nd to Franklin and has been all year. Gunter like Franklin is a lot better this year only graduating a handful of players. Maybe we see you in Jerry World if we get past those Canadian boys. Hoping the players stay healthy.
                    Gonna wait and see how we do against Rogers. If those boys handle them like the rest, and nobody gets hurt, the only game I see that might give us trouble will be the semifinal game. They get thru that one and on to Jerry World, we are gonna be hard to beat!!!
                    Good luck with Canadian

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post

Went to my high schools rival game. Tomball ISD did a great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      The new stadium is top notch. Tomball won again tonight. Undefeated so far this year.
                      Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 10-01-2021, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Crawford comes out of Tolar with another win, 19-7. Hamilton up next at home.

Rwc

Comment

Centerville won 56-7 last week, and 54-8 last night.

Comment

Lorena took it to Troy early and often for a 55-14 win. Have the bye next week and should get every starter that has been wearing street clothes back for the stretch run. Travel to McGregor in two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                              My son is a sophomore and was moved up to varsity this week. He started at right tackle and did well. His team (Huffman Falcons) won 31-7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              When your boy fills out his frame he is going a stud on the line.

Comment

Dropped a tough one to Hearne last night. Defensive slugfest, we held them to 160 total yards offense and forced 5 turnovers. Their only two offensive scores were on two 50/50 jump balls.

We just couldn't get it moving on O.

It is the past now. Preparing for Thorndale now, district race is still wide open.
                                Last edited by Flex; 10-02-2021, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X