Official Granger PHL 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
    great pics. Nice encouragement and sharing. Looks like the sign in is required this year for all types of hunting. eOSR. No big deal but liked not having to deal with that in the past. Need to start working at preperation. Lazy heat!

I was using the eOSR all last yr for both the units I hunt, Its pretty easy to check in/out using the app. sometimes I forget to check out but its no big deal.
    Just helps the TPWD know what type of species ppl are seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by DHOutdoorsman View Post
      I was using the eOSR all last yr for both the units I hunt, Its pretty easy to check in/out using the app. sometimes I forget to check out but its no big deal.
      Just helps the TPWD know what type of species ppl are seeing.
      cool. I am supportive to the cause. Now its required 1st time vs voluntary as was many other Public Hunts. I guess now if you do not sign in it is a violation and ticket? Happy to do it. At least if someone is a cannibal, my last location was noted for the family to say my fat arre went to feed someone at least! Go get em.

Comment

I guess that pretty much everything had changed since I went up there, more than 10 years ago. I didn't see any snake anywhere at that time. I guess that they grew. Last time, I only saw one deer unexpected while I was hunting hogs. Saw hogs couple times in other area.

I am pretty sure that hogs are still there somewhere. There are certain areas that I hadn't hunt yet. So far, I remember one water hole in one area. Pretty sure at this time, it was dry up.

Funny thing, I found one swimming pool in middle of nowhere. Pretty sure that it was used once before in the past long time ago.

I will be there sometimes during 2021-2022 hunting season. Will look out for the snakes.

Comment

Originally posted by bluenavigator View Post
          I guess that pretty much everything had changed since I went up there, more than 10 years ago. I didn't see any snake anywhere at that time. I guess that they grew. Last time, I only saw one deer unexpected while I was hunting hogs. Saw hogs couple times in other area.

I am pretty sure that hogs are still there somewhere. There are certain areas that I hadn't hunt yet. So far, I remember one water hole in one area. Pretty sure at this time, it was dry up.

Funny thing, I found one swimming pool in middle of nowhere. Pretty sure that it was used once before in the past long time ago.

I will be there sometimes during 2021-2022 hunting season. Will look out for the snakes.
          People on this thread just trying to scare others off

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
            People on this thread just trying to scare others off
            Nothing wrong to be cautious, right? I know that ticks are everywhere. Once I left the jacket on the fence post at Pecan Grove, where the water dam's drainage is at. I was looking for the ticks then went into my SUV and left, completely forgot to take the jacket in my SUV.

Someone got lucky and grabbed it. Oh well.... At least, someone got to be toasty.

Comment

W T F is wrong with you
              Plenty.

Got to love Mr guide who's never killed anything with horns out there and wonder why it's do hard to get drawn these days. Posting threads about trying to get people to pay him. Got to love it

The deer out there should look awesome out there this ear with all the rain. May actually see a mature 8 or 2

Comment

Let me know if you get drawn!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                  Plenty.

Got to love Mr guide who's never killed anything with horns out there and wonder why it's do hard to get drawn these days. Posting threads about trying to get people to pay him. Got to love it

The deer out there should look awesome out there this ear with all the rain. May actually see a mature 8 or 2
                  Does he have any blue dots for sale

Comment

I hunt out at Granger, both sides of the river and have seen lots of hogs and deer. I have not drawn deer permit yet but have seen plenty of bucks and doe. Only was able to get one hog last year but it was not for lack of seeing them, hard to get up close. As for hunters, I only have run into a few every time I go but were not on top of each other. Only ran into Tree rat hunter once one early morning.

Comment

Does he have any blue dots for sale
                      My blue dots mark all the tree stands, ladder stands, and makeshift ground blinds.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like the old cell service finally went caput. Not received any pictures since last week...or the cams aren't there anymore...

Who wants to tag along this weekend?

Comment

Who were the lucky ones?

Pulling my cams Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                            Who were the lucky ones?

Pulling my cams Sunday.

No one local that I’ve heard of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2nd draw for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                                Never visited the property, but have applied for the E-postcard hunts in the past. Looking at the info given this year, it appears that you have to harvest two does before a buck can be taken. Within the time frame given for the hunters, is it legitimately possible to get two archery doe kills and also have time to go after the buck? Anyone with experience doing that?
                                How many people from here applied just from these pics??
                                For the record, I went 0 for 9 on archery draw this year...

Comment

Working...
                                X