Who shoots a 257. Weatherby Mag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who shoots a 257. Weatherby Mag?

I just picked up a Mark V, Weathermark, and looking to see what your shooting. Leaning towards Nosler Partitions.

I've shot one for about 7 years. I chose the Nosler accubond 110 grain.

love the rifle and recoil is mild. I've killed two mule deer, two aoudad, a few whitetail and a bull elk with mine.

I love the round, but to be 100% honest, thus far, it doesent seem to kill any better than my .270 win. It is a really cool round though

Comment

I shoot 100 gr. Barnes TTSX and have no complaints.

Comment

Love mine

Comment

The 2 I used when I had one have been mentioned 110 accubond and 100gr TTSX. Killed more stuff though with the 110 gr accubond including deer, hogs and elk.

Comment

100 grain spires.

Comment

My favorite caliber! I’ve shot 100 gr. Barnes TSX, 100 gr. Spire Points and now 110 gr. Accubonds. I’ve killed animals with all 3. With both of the 100 gr. loads, if animals did happen to run (rarity), I never got much of a blood trail. With the accubonds, I killed an aoudad at 350 yards last year, that ran about 20 yards, but left a good blood trail. I also killed a whitetail that ran about 5 yards and was done. I really don’t think you can go wrong with any of the bullets offered for it. Like other rounds, it’s all about shot placement, but some loads might do better than others depending on your shot distances and animals your shooting.

Comment

When I had the gun built I shot the factory Weatherby 115 Nosler ballistic tips. Everything dropped in its tracks but no pass through. Currently shooting hand loads with 115 Berger VLD Hunting bullets at 3600fps. Nothing has walked away but still no pass through.

Have some loads worked up with 115 Barnes TSX but have not shot them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I am shooting 120gr Nosler’s Partitions but only because I got them cheap. Initial loads are shooting right at an inch, but I haven’t killed anything with it yet.

Comment

I've been shooting the 80gr. Barnes TTSX with absolute devastating results on whitetail. the lil 80 grainers are not what I planned on shooting but it was the only thing I could find & they have not let me down. I plan to try 110gr. Accubonds when I can find some that don't require a second mortgage on my house If I stay with the TTSX I'll move to the 100gr pill.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      When I had the gun built I shot the factory Weatherby 115 Nosler ballistic tips. Everything dropped in its tracks but no pass through. Currently shooting hand loads with 115 Berger VLD Hunting bullets at 3600fps. Nothing has walked away but still no pass through.

Have some loads worked up with 115 Barnes TSX but have not shot them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Would you mind sharing your load data for the 115vld’s? I bought a mark v off a guy that had some hand loaded 115 vld’s but i cant read powder or charge data on the tag and he couldnt remember what it was…. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Awesome caliber, 110 accubonds and 100 spire.

Comment

The hammer of thor. I shoot 100 grain ttsx. Pass through and no searching to be done

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Shoot your animals in the vitals and you won’t need a pass through.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              Shoot your animals in the vitals and you won’t need a pass through.
                              I'd love to have a .257, or the .264.

Always got large pass-through with my .25-06. Would rather trail blood than bent grass or try and guess where my deer was in a thicket.

Comment

Working...
                              X