My 17yr Old Sr needs help with Trailer Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 17yr Old Sr needs help with Trailer Build

My 17yr old is one of the hardest working people I have ever met. But his AG teacher has put him in a pickle.

He is currently fabricating a 27+5 Gooseneck trailer for his Sr project and his AG Teacher did not order the axels. The school's vendor told him Monday it would be 12 to 14 weeks for delivery. My son will be ready to graduate by then.

So...

Can anyone turn me on to a lead that would have (2) Dual 12K axels? I know they are some trailer guys on this site.

At this point, location doesn't matter. We are located in Kilgore, TX (Sabine High School).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Daniel

May not be completely the AG teachers fault. Don't know the specifics. But suppliers are struggling. I would suggest calling every trailer manufacturer around. Explain the situation. See if any of them will be of assistance.

Comment

Try Coker on 155 in Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
        May not be completely the AG teachers fault. Don't know the specifics. But suppliers are struggling. I would suggest calling every trailer manufacturer around. Explain the situation. See if any of them will be of assistance.
        I would like to think that but he just called to order them. Unfortunately, it is an ongoing thing as we wait until the last minute to do anything.

Im calling around but wanted to see if TBH had some inside connections.

dp

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
          Try Coker on 155 in Tyler
          Coker is the one 12/14 out.

Comment

Can you buy used ones ? Or do they need to be new.. I'm sure there's someone with a rotten trailer laying around you could get cheap..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
              Can you buy used ones ? Or do they need to be new.. I'm sure there's someone with a rotten trailer laying around you could get cheap..
              Thats always an option at this point.

Comment

Does Husky carry those types of axles?

Comment

Seems everywhere I call is saying the 12ks are months out. They probably all get them from the same manufacturer.

Comment

Ive had luck with rockwell american (now dexter) https://www.dexteraxle.com/

Comment

there is a few trailer places in Madisonville. I would call them. Texas Pride, Big tex and a trailer parts store also.

Comment

DanielSon, have you tried the trailer manufacturers? They should have some inventory for their own needs and might be willing to sell him a set to help out a student in need if the issue is explained to them. You could then replace the manufacturer’s inventory when your order comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          DanielSon, have you tried the trailer manufacturers? They should have some inventory for their own needs and might be willing to sell him a set to help out a student in need if the issue is explained to them. You could then replace the manufacturer’s inventory when your order comes in.
                          Hey Randy!

Thats a good idea. I will start hitting them up to see if they may be able to help us out.

Sabine vs WO tonight in WO. You may hear some rumbling! lol

dp

Comment

As others have said, I’d call around to all the trailer manufacturers and also to anywhere that sells or repairs trailers. A lot of those places keep axles in stock for repairs. If not, they may have connections to be able to source one for you. I’d definitely explain the situation to them, they’ll be a lot more willing to help out a student on an ag project.

Comment

Redneck Trailer Parts in Arlington/Mansfield

Comment

Working...
                              X