Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    Your Jiffy Lube uses Rotella? Nice!

I wouldn't trust any of the quick lube places near me, minimum wage high schooler with $10k engine? No thanks.
    Yeah it’s a small town jiffy lube, I know the owner very well, pretty much the same employees the last 10 years

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
      Got oil changed today and Jiffy Lube has plenty
      Do I want to know how much that runs these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
        Do I want to know how much that runs these days?
        Actually it’s a EZ Lube and not Jiffy Lube, it cost 142.00 bucks to change oil and filter with T6 Rotella 5w-40

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
          Actually it’s a EZ Lube and not Jiffy Lube, it cost 142.00 bucks to change oil and filter with T6 Rotella 5w-40
          Thats not horrible, I think when I used to catch T6 on sale I would do it myself for somewhere in the neighborhood of $80-100. Not sure what engine you have but I know it is a big deal on how that filter sits in that bowl and how the cap sits on top of it fastening it down. Apparently some of the filter manufactures make the filter a different size and it comes with a new cap which might be fine until you change the filter to a different manufacturer but reuse the same cap. From what I understand two things can happen, first is unfiltered oil can get circulated or (and I am probably not going to explain this right) that filter doesnt sit on that spring and plunger correctly and you dont get the right amount of oil flow. On my Powerstroke and Cummins I only use factory filters and just to make sure I got a new cap for my powerstroke to make sure I had the right one.

Comment

Just use a quality name brand 5w-40 full synthetic, your motor is not going to magically blow up if you don't use shell rotella.

Comment

Looked for a month, never could find it. Finally found some Mobil Diesel and went with it. I'll stock up next time I find it.

Maybe Beto can send us some unicorn farts until then.

Comment

More proof we'd all be better off driving electrics .

I usually run Valvoline Premium Blue but it's also apparently hard to find now so I ended up with Mobil full synthetic found at the local Wal Mart but its about all they had

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by menglert View Post
                  More proof we'd all be better off driving electrics .

I usually run Valvoline Premium Blue but it's also apparently hard to find now so I ended up with Mobil full synthetic found at the local Wal Mart but its about all they had

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
                  I got on Fords website the other day just messing around to see how much the all electric F150 is. The extended range F150 XLT model which is the middle of the road trim package (which I imagine is still pretty dang nice) starts at $72k!

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                    Rotella has been hard to get for many months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    yes it has. I like to have never found some Rotella Diesel 10W-30 for my tractor. A guy in an Auto Zone checked around and found two 1-gallon jugs for me and had it shipped over for no charge to do it. Otherwise, all the TSC stores have NONE !

Comment

I saw a jug of T4 on FB marketplace for $65 yesterday. SMH

Comment

Advanced Auto Parts in Willis has cases of Rotella T6 in both 5W-40 and 15W-40. Little pricy at $37.99 a gallon, but they have it and DEF in stock right now.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have drums and pails of T-4 15w-40 and T-6 5w-40.
                          I can get anything you need if it’s available . Unfortunately it’s hard to package and ship just a jug or two of oil , but if interested I’m bulk by all means give me a call.
                          Trey @ 936-444-6143

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKET View Post
                            I have drums and pails of T-4 15w-40 and T-6 5w-40.
                            I can get anything you need if it’s available . Unfortunately it’s hard to package and ship just a jug or two of oil , but if interested I’m bulk by all means give me a call.
                            Trey @ 936-444-6143

PM sent

Comment

I bought some at Home Depot two weeks ago, it was still priced normal, like $13 something a gallon.

Comment

I've been using Rotella T6 for @165K miles and approaching an oil change I couldn't find any T6.

I do my own PM, but have been using a local shop for @1 year for what I can't do on the truck. A few months ago, they recommended Schaeffer oil, 15w-40 syn to be exact. It's not cheap- but it is available locally, and on Amazon. I changed it yesterday, hopefully all goes well.

Comment

Working...
                                X