No announcement yet.

$ price per sq ft on custom homes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spoke to my architect today, to go over our layout. We are building new, in Harper. I'm looking at $140-$160sqft right now. My wife is not done yet with kitchen add ons. My neighbor, is my builder. 2000sqft. Looking to break ground in March some time.

Comment

I'm a builder here on Lake Fork and this one always makes me laugh.

It would be like, How much is a new car? Well, do you want a Chevy Spark or a Lamborghini? Except there are about a thousand more variables.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        i have a buddy out around emory and thats closer to wat he has been seeing around him, maybe a bit cheaper actually. but up here around rockwall its out of control.
        Yea, we're in the process right now and getting a buddy deal plus he's letting me use some folks i know to do some work.
        We're looking around 190-200sqft. It's stupid. Make you not wanna build a house for sure. All in all, twice what it was 6 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
          i have a buddy out around emory and thats closer to wat he has been seeing around him, maybe a bit cheaper actually. but up here around rockwall its out of control.
          Spoke with the builder and he said if he builds a high end home his cost are $200 a square foot. If he subbed it out it would be 230

But they are selling for $300-$400 a square foot new high end

Comment

We should break ground in a week or two. We are right at 180$

Comment

I guarantee the price you get to day will be a lot more by the time you finish so be prepared for the price increase by the time it’s finished.

Comment

Not going to lie these prices are depressing. Even older home prices are ridiculous. Growing up I never thought I’d have to spend 220-250k for my first house or live in a shack it seems

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
                  In Rockwall County? I would be amazed!

ac
                  Well, Caddo Mills, so Hunt County, or The 903. Us 903'ers know how to cut them corners

We want out of Rockwall lol
                  Last edited by jshouse; 01-11-2022, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D u s t y View Post
                    Not going to lie these prices are depressing. Even older home prices are ridiculous. Growing up I never thought I’d have to spend 220-250k for my first house or live in a shack it seems
                    100%...we are trying to get out of the city and can't find anything reasonable in any of the smaller towns we want to move to. It's ridiculous.

Comment

Define custom home. For above average everything both inside and out in a true custom home I’m seeing $300 plus in Fort Bend county. This is house only not land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang this is nuts! Built a 3600sqft custom home in 2006 for around 120.00

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                          I guarantee the price you get to day will be a lot more by the time you finish so be prepared for the price increase by the time it’s finished.
                          Very true statement here

Comment

Yep depressing. We are planning on building our forever home starting this Summer. I was really hoping prices would calm down by then. We were quoted $160 per sq ft heated cooled, around $100 per sq ft for the entire slab.

My only hope is that selling our current home will make the new construction cost come out in a wash. We could have built the same home for $150K less three years ago, but we also would have sold our current house for at least $150K less.

Comment

Originally posted by meangreen View Post
                              I'm a custom home and pool builder north of Denton. We are around $160 per living area (heated and cooled) and starting at upper 40's on pools.
                              I may be getting in touch with you in several months . Do you happen to do barndo's?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                Define custom home. For above average everything both inside and out in a true custom home I’m seeing $300 plus in Fort Bend county. This is house only not land.

So true. In-laws bought a house in Old Sugar Land in 1967 for 15k with a lot of .75 acres. Last November was offers 750k cash for the house and lot.

We also have some friends that just sold 450 acres in fort bend for $4.50 a square foot. These prices are going crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X